Chapter 3

ZEV ||

This was not good. This was not good at all.

I've exposed the secrecy of the Rogue society to the rest of the wolfen community.

"We had to, we had no other choice. We were trying to save our mate from himself." — Mystic, my wolf, tries to reassure me and usually his voice did just that but in this circumstance, it held the complete opposite effect.

The fact that I was a wild born rogue and hadn't succumbed to my cells was surely to be seen as a problem to the rest of wolfen society.

The pack wolves would never understand. My father, Malice tried to explain it to the Kingdom before he was banished for the soft spot he held for rogues, only to now become one of them.

King Kano didn't understand fifty years ago, so why would he understand now? He wouldn't and his fear for all things rogue forced his hand at banishing my father and starting an all out war between the ones who have been shunned by wolfen society and the ones who thought they were above the rest of us.

I didn't want this war but being the Rogue prince, I had no other choice. I had to have my father's back and stand by his side in the face of this war that King Kano started by not listening.

The Kingdom, the Synod, the Domain, the packs under them all — they all refused to listen to my father back then. He tried to tell them that rogues weren't what they seemed and now being one of them, I could vouch for that.

The Upperclass of Wolfen society were taught that rogues only had two phases. That the ones banished from their home packs and forced into their rogue domain would turn immediately and become these blood thirsty, savage beasts who thrived on the chase, who thrived on the kill.

That once they turned, there was no control and they didn't think, act or even conduct themselves as members of society that could be rehabilitated, but that was far from the truth.

The Upperclass of Wolfen society were taught that wild born rogues were bloodthirsty, savage beasts from birth. That we were unable to control our shifts from birth, that we were aggressive, dangerous and all around uncivilized but that was far from the truth.

In reality, once a wolf enters his or her domain and their feral cells begin to develop due to the loss or lack of a home pack link, the start of their phase begins.

In Error's case, being a wild born rogue, his rogue cells were already activated within his system, giving his body the ability to fight off the complete shift.

Error being a wild born rogue, could have either fully succumbed to his cells and became a fully phased rogue, not been affected by the phase at all or be somewhere stuck in between and in his case, that's what happened.

Error is able to speak but in broken sentences, he's able to control himself a lot easier than fully phased rogues can, but he's also stuck in that very vulnerable position of being part feral and part civilized.

In my case, I was a wild born rogue who's cells had been activated from birth and by the grace of Goddess herself, I hadn't succumbed to my cells and I've been able to maintain completely civilized, able to blend in with pack wolves. I looked, sounded and held myself just like they did, the only differences were the fact that my eyes were red and I held the scent that all rogues did.

That was just the case for wild born rogues when it came to their rogue domain though and what the Upperclass of Wolfen society didn't know was that for wolves banished from their home packs, they don't shift into their fully formed rogue status until much later post banishment.

It's a gradual process that affects the mind first, than the body but never the soul. . . Banished rogues still very much can tap into their souls and therefore can be trained into civilized wolves under the right guidance.