Chapter 2

Unedited chapter lmao!

————————

LUX ||

Still doing my best to catch my breath and hold my side together to assist Edge in healing my wounds, my Dad and uncles carefully help me into the Alpha suite inside the pack hospital.

Groaning, I keep my eyes closed as I try to focus on anything else but the pain in not just my bones, but my heart as well.

The distance between myself and Seiko was borderline unbearable and my soul wanted nothing more than to find his and never let go, but I couldn't do that.

I knew I couldn't because I can't leave my territory again, not with the Rogue pack so close. I knew I couldn't go to him because I was the Alpha of my pack and he was a rogue.

My fated mate was a rogue. . . A creature who'd all of the packs within the state were trying to either avoid at all costs or kill before they could kill them.

A creature who took my brother from me, from our pack, from my family. . . Moon Goddess bound my soul to a rogue and no matter which way I try to weave through this, the fact still remains that Seiko is a rogue and rogues can not be trusted.

That rogues can not be loved.

Not being able to love my fated for so many severely serious reasons was more painful than the distance between us.

And I couldn't take it. . . I couldn't take this at all.

The sting of an ointment being applied to the wound on my ribs skyrockets me back to reality as I scoot away from it.

"Ow, damn," I hiss from the pain as my Uncle Rhett holds my arms up as my Dad continues to apply the ointment that would exhilarate healing. "Ah, ah, Dad, be careful."

That makes him chuckle. "Boy, I know what I'm doing. Now sit still, so I can get this wound closed before it gets infected."

"Edge can heal me," I protest, struggling against Uncle Rhett's hold on me.

"Yes he can," Dad nods, his fingers sliding down the deeper part of the wound, the pain pulls a yelp out of me. "But with him also healing his own injuries, you'll need some help with yours, so hush and let me do this."

Growling, I just lean my head back and close my eyes, enduring the pain until my Dad finally stops rubbing the ointment in and then uncle Rhett is gently laying my arms back down to my sides.

I shake my head when I feel Dad grab my left leg, most likely examining the wound there as well. Thank Goddess that one wasn't as bad as the one against my ribs. The pain was intense but it wasn't as bad as the others, so I could breathe a lot easier through this one.

Once the torture was finally over, I sigh a huge breath of relief as I open my eyes and grab the hand that my Dad offers.

Slowly he pulls me to my feet and I limp a little bit on my injured leg, it wasn't much, but the pain was definitely noticeable.

Dad wraps one of my arms around his shoulders and Uncle Rhett comes up on my other side, following his lead with my other arm as they help me to the couch where Uncle Rhett's mate, Uncle Leif was waiting with a pillow to prop my leg up on.

Gently, Dad and Uncle Rhett set me down on the middle cushion as Uncle Leif pushes a chair in front of me, places the pillow there and then slowly lifts my leg up to lay on it.

Before I could even adjust my body into a more comfortable position, the questions start.

"Lux, what in Goddess' sweet name were you doing out there?" Uncle Leif asks as he kneels besides the chair that my leg was propped up on. "In unclaimed territory?"