243 | Important Factors

TODAY MARKS MAX'S FOURTH day in the House of Bishops. With everything that has happened so far, others might think that Max has been here for an entire month now, but that's not the case at all. It just so happens that Max has done so much for their house that others can't even comprehend it.

     "Alright, class dismissed. Don't forget to answer your activity for our next meeting," their professor says as she packs her bag and leaves the room. Right after, the bell rang, and everyone got up to get ready to eat lunch at the Dining Hall. 

     Max, Keigo, Xander, and Stefan got up from the floor since they still didn't have chairs.

     "I'm so tired!" Stefan says while stretching his arms and yawning, making Keigo and Xander yawn as well.

     Max couldn't really blame them for being this exhausted. They've been cleaning their dorms and doing all sorts of small jobs so they could have enough points before the Tax Collection. Max sometimes feels guilty for overworking them so much, but he has no choice. They have to do this now, or the opportunity won't come again.

     "We have three days left before the tax collection, and we haven't even cleaned the cafeteria yet," Stefan then complains as the four of them start walking out of their classroom.

     "Don't worry, we have plenty of time on Saturday and Sunday," Max then reassures them. "But Xander, have you started working on the trap we talked about last night?" He then asks.

     Xander adjusts his glasses, and then he turns to Max and answers, "I've drawn some drafts, but I just need some extra parts. I'll have to ask my club if they can lend me some."

     "You think that's gonna be a problem?" Max asks further.

      "The Robotics Club is run by a gaffer, so there's a possibility that it might become a problem. But don't worry about me and focus on your own goal. I'll get these traps set by tomorrow," Xander says, and his confidence instantly puts a smile on Max's face.

     "Thank you," Max genuinely replied, instantly making Xander's cheeks burn up in embarrassment. The way Max just trusts him on this makes Xander feel incredibly happy, especially since he has never had someone entrust him with such a task before. Xander mentioned that ranking up was difficult for him because he didn't have skills that were considered useful here. Max found it ridiculous since his skills are actually incredible. If he were in the House of Kings, brotherhoods and other clubs would have wanted his help by now.

     "Anyway, there's a few days left, but I still need to settle things with Vesper and Asahi. But being this busy actually puts me in a great mood since it reminds me so much of J.S High," Max explains, to which Keigo nods in agreement.

     If you're a student of J.S High, it's almost natural for you to see Max running around the campus, doing all sorts of tasks or missions. He wouldn't be Max Sinclaire if he weren't that busy.

     "By the way, I've thought about it before, but...why were you chosen as J.S High's representative instead of your rank 5? And if I remember, the Exchange Program isn't until next week. That's why our own school rep., Martin Osborn, is still here," Stefan points out, which made Keigo a little nervous because he thought the serf might end up catching them in their little white lie.

     After Max was secretly declared as the Elites' new School Representative, President Ian told him about the exchange program and how they'll have to lie about Heaven J. Carter still being in the 5th Rank. Ian explained that if Max formally came to St. George Academy as a member of the Elites, his treatment here would have been very different, which Max finds to be true.