Chapter 1: The Midnight Hex

The dry leaves on the ground rustled in breezy night as I ran through the woods. It was midnight. But who was I running from? The black hooded figure who gave me the scar on my neck was following me. It was the Doomdark forest... I was in Gorris Axar, I kept on running away from the deeper woods but I was lost. I heard it saying, "I await your death! Come to me!" The voice grew louder and louder as it came closer. I ran ahead faster in order to save my life and my red long dress tore from the spikes of the trees as I moved further into the forest.

Not able to find my way out I stood in the center of the forest panting and turned around to see if the mysterious figure was still there but it wasn't.

I jumped out of my skin. I turned around and as close as it could be it stood there right in front of my face, With a dagger that went through my heart and I screamed at the top of my voice.

I jolted awake in the middle of the night, feeling suffocated and breathless from the vivid nightmare that had just taken place. Gasping for air, I woke up breathless from a nightmare that felt all too real. I was sweating heavily and I went cold.

The door opened in a hurry and a guy with emerald eyes and dark brown hair rushed out along with the king and queen, My parents who were all dressed in sleepwear. That guy was obviously my brother.

They all went pale, especially my mother... Her rose skin seemed dull and her cat eyes were full of tears, along with my dad, King Artur Algate of Dicendia, worried standing along with her.

"Faye sweetie! Are you alright?" My mother questioned while holding my hand. My mouth opened but nothing came out.

My brother sat on my bed and held my head onto his shoulder calming me down as I started sobbing.

"Its alright Faye! It's over now.." He whispered and gently patted my hair.

"Auragenza! Bring a glass of water!" My father called out.

The forty year old maiden came rushing, "Here your highness!" Just when her amber eyes turned to me and saw that I was shivering, she came up to and laid the blanket upon me and handed me the glass to drink but my hand trembled.. Still I held it as tight as I could and the warm water went to my dry throat.

I looked into my brother's eyes, tensed, who sat right next to me comforting me.

"It--It happened again... I--I got the sam--same nightmare again, the hood--- Gorris Axar..."I stuttered.

It had been a month since Sombra died, October was about to end in a couple of days. Since the day I got the scar I have been getting these nightmares but recently from a week ago I didn't get any.

Today I got it again, "But this time it was worse.. It stabbed me in my heart!" I spilled it out.

Both Ms. Auragenza and my mother clapped their hands to their mouths.

"Don't say such a thing dear!" My mother cried and held my dad's shoulder.

"I am just telling the truth!"

Before my mother could say a thing, Alaric, my twin brother said, "It is okay mom and dad, you can go back to sleep, I will stay with her."

"But--" My mother said, tense.

"Let's go" My dad held her hand and smiled at Alaric. Along with them Ms. Auragenza too left the room.

I kept my head onto his shoulder and wailed. "Why is this happening to me? I asked him.

"I don't know but I am sure we will find a cure for it tomorrow. It's okay Faye, it was just a nightmare. It won't be real. Your brother's here for you Faye, don't worry but for now you should get some sleep and I am sure that soon everything will be back to normal... ."