Chapter 18

As I stood listening to the lies being sprouted by the two maids, I went through different emotions. I went from surprise and shock to anger and outrage.

The two maids were called Joey and Missra. They claimed to have been passing by the kitchen to pick up laundry when they saw me bring out a suspicious-looking bottle and dump it into granny's food.

After their testimony the meeting room was death silent then it erupted in chaos.

The officials were angling to get me executed.

I even heard quite a few "I knew it"s from the generals.

Every single one of the officials were looking at me like they would love to see my head swinging from the gallows.

I didn't shout or try to defend myself. I had done enough of that. It was time to stop protesting and start investigating.

I'm order to reclaim Arnou's trust I needed to prove my innocence in front of the entire court.

I turned to look at Arnou, his face was pure ice, no emotions or feelings showing.

"Alpha can I get the opportunity to question Lady Herley and the maids?"

I asked straining to make my voice heard amidst the commotion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Guys, Thank you all for reading my book. This book is exclusively on Good Novel under the same name and book cover.

I would love for you guys to read it there. I'll attach the direct link so its easy for you to read and support me. Thank you!

https://www.goodnovel.com/book/The-Lycan-King-s-Rejected-Mate_31000466488