Fairy of the Ice

"Alright then... Show me your strongest," I declared, taking a ready stance, flames dancing along the crimson blade.

Without hesitation, Cirno made her move. She planted her icicle sword into the ground, causing sharp ice spikes to erupt around her and shoot toward me.

Reacting swiftly, I leaped backward and unleashed a flurry of slashing projectiles toward her.

Cirno dodged nimbly, flying away and then closing the gap between us. She aimed her palm in my direction.

"Ice Sign 'Icicle Machine Gun'!" Rapid-fire icicles shot from her outstretched hand, creating a hail of deadly projectiles.

It was a relentless assault, and I struggled to keep up.

Some of the icicles grazed me, causing pain to shoot through my body.

"I can't keep dodging like this," I muttered, feeling the pressure of her relentless attacks.

In response, I spun both of my swords in my hands, using the dual blades in my hand to slice through the onslaught of icicles as quickly as I could. But her barrage was overwhelming, and I couldn't evade every attack.

Gritting my teeth, I realized that I needed to take control of the situation. My crimson blood sword began to shine brighter and turn a deeper shade of scarlet.

("Blood Sign: Deep Scarlet!")

My crimson blade radiated with an intense scarlet glow as I swung it forward, summoning a massive slash projectile.

Cirno, showing surprising agility and speed, performed a graceful slide on the frictionless ice beneath her, narrowly dodging the devastating attack.

She wasn't playing around anymore. She was determined to beat me, and it showed.

Before I could react, Cirno aimed her palm at me while sliding across the ice, (Cold Sign "Insta-Freeze Beam") she unleashed a freezing beam in three directions: up, middle, and bottom.

I was prepared for this. With a resolute focus, I unleashed another potent technique, my crimson blade radiating even more intense scarlet energy.

("Blood Sword: Scarlet Cross!")

The blade cleaved through the freezing beams, expertly slicing them in half.

"An opening!"

She shot upward, raising both of her arms and initiating another spell.

("Freeze Sign: Perfect Freeze!")

In a dazzling display, Cirno conjured colorful ice bullets that hung suspended in the air before abruptly resuming their movement in a complex and elaborate pattern.

It was a mesmerizing attack, and for a moment, I lost my focus.

As I tried to leap to safety, I suddenly realized that both my feet were trapped in ice.

Cirno's strategy became clear - the ice trail she left behind during her slide was meant to immobilize me, and then she flew up to finish me off.

I couldn't help but smile. Cirno might be a fairy, but she was no pushover. Underestimating her would be a grave mistake.

"You got me."

But still, I had an ace up my sleeve, and I wouldn't go down without a fight.

My crimson stopwatch glowed with a deep scarlet hue as it activated.

rewinding time to the moment when I had initially sent the massive slash projectile toward Cirno, and she had slid beneath it.

With a newfound determination, I prepared for my next move.

("Blood Sign: Tendril Chains!")

The chains of energy extended from my crimson-blade weaving through the air and reaching out toward Cirno.

They moved with precision, aiming to ensnare her and put an end to her relentless assault.

As the chains successfully ensnared Cirno, she struggled and squirmed.

With a smirk on my face, I walked toward her, my crimson and silver blades ready.

"I remember that fairies are immortal, right?" I said, my tone playful. "You don't mind me cutting you to pieces, do you?"

Cirno's fear was palpable as she stammered a response. "E-eek...! P-please no."

"No, obviously I was just joking."

I decided to spare her, removing the chains that held her captive.

With a mix of relief and newfound confidence, she stood up proudly, claiming her title as the strongest fairy.

"By the way, where's Dai?" she asked.

I pointed to Daiyousei, still encased in ice.

"Alright then! Let's fight again sometime, human!" Cirno declared before flying off to tend to her friend.

I continued down the road, determined to reach the mansion despite my fatigue. It had to be tonight, no matter the cost.

As I approached the bridge leading to the Scarlet Devil Mansion, I noticed Meiling standing there, blocking my path. She exuded a calm and composed aura.

So, it was Meiling this time.