Another Playtime Session with Flan

Another normal day at the Scarlet Devil Mansion, I woke up from my bed and began preparing myself for the day ahead. It had been a week since my return from Hakugyokurou.

Ever since then, Lady Flandre kept persistently asking me to play with her.

"Shun! Let's play! Let's play!" she would exclaim, tugging at my sleeve or bouncing up and down with excitement.

"Ummm, Lady Flan, Not now. As you can see, I am currently watering Patchouli's garden."

She pouted, her bottom lip sticking out in a cute manner. "Mmmmm, then I'll wait here!" she declared, crossing her arms

"Uhh, Lady Flan... Just gonna ask this, but... you did remember to apply your sunscreen, right?"

"Hm? Yes, of course!"

"Alright then." It would be a big problem if you didn't."

An hour had barely passed, and I could already see the signs of boredom creeping onto Lady Flandre's face. Letting out a sigh, I set aside my watering can and walked over to her.

"Alright, Lady Flan, Let's go play."

We returned to the mansion, and as soon as we stepped inside, Lady Flandre summoned her Laevateinn, a magnificent weapon that resembled a laser.

As she swung it, vibrant trails of bullets were left in its path, forming mesmerizing patterns

she spun the weapon and positioned herself along the upper edge of the screen, aiming downward.

I quickly leaped back to avoid the barrage of bullets. Lady Flandre's face lit up with excitement and joy at my agile reaction.

"Gahahaha! Wow, Shun! You're fast!"

"Well, I haven't seen that spell card of yours before, Lady Flan. You truly are impressive."

"Hehe, I've been saving up my bullets just for this moment!"

("Taboo: Four of a kind") She raised her hands, and suddenly, three copies of herself appeared around her. In an instant, a flurry of red bullets spread out in all directions.

"Gah, how annoying," I muttered to myself. Thinking quickly, I reached into my pocket and retrieved a crimson crystal. With a swift motion, I used the crystal's sharp edge to nick my thumb, causing it to bleed.

The crystal absorbed the crimson droplet, transforming it into a crimson-blood sword.

("Blood Sword: Scarlet Fang!") I charged forward, the crimson-blood sword gleaming in my hand.

With a swift motion, I slashed at the first copy of Lady Flandre that was near me, sending out additional slash projectiles toward the real Flan.

In response, Flan leaped into the air and began to fly. Her eyes sparkled with excitement. "Wow! Shun has his own spell card now! It's not going to be boring anymore! Yayy!~"

"You won't get away, Lady Flan!" With a swift motion, I summoned my steel blade into the air and swung it with all my might, causing a barrage of bullet pellets.

The pellets spread out in a wide arc, aiming to slow down Lady Flandre and limit her movement.

Flan's eyes widened in surprise as she attempted to evade the incoming bullets. She spun and twisted in the air, using her agility to maneuver through the intricate patterns of the attack.

"Gyahahaha!~" Her laughter echoed through the hall as the two copies unleashed their barrage of bullets.

I deftly evaded the intricate patterns, skillfully navigating between the lanes of bullets then slashed through the remaining two copies, dispelling their illusions. For some reason, We're playing tag.

("Blood Sign: Tendril Chains!") Crimson chains appear from the ground and start following Lady Flandre's movements, eventually binding both her legs.

"Hm!?" Flan looks at the chains as she notices them.

Meanwhile, as I am closing in on her, she smiles widely at me.

(Forbidden Barrage: "Clock that Ticks Away the Past") Lady Flandre aims red bullets in a pattern of 4 lasers that spin around a center, going from left to right in multiple orders.

I attempted to block her four lasers simultaneously with my steel blade and blood sword, but my defenses proved ineffective.

The force of the attack sent me crashing to the ground.

"Ahh... That hurts..."

The chains restraining Flan dissolved, and she swiftly ascended into the air, closing in on me. She gazed down at me, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

"Is that truly the extent of your abilities, Shun?"

"Lady Flan, your power surpasses anything I've encountered."

"Ehehehe~ Well then, let's have another round!"

"Haha... Alright."

And then, we played throughout the entire morning and afternoon. Miss Sakuya and Lady Patchouli scolded me for neglecting the garden and not refusing Flan.

But how could I refuse her when her cutesy face?