07: Unlucky

A horrified expression painted your face as you ran over to where your arrow landing, hoping to god you didn't kill an innocent bystander.

Thankfully the arrow seemed to only have hit the ground, but unfortunately some red liquid could be seen on the tip. You looked to the side and saw a boy holding a hand over his arm.

You ran over to him with concern,
"Did I hit you with my arrow? I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

He gave you a pained smile,
"It's alright, it only grazed me a little!"

He lifted his hand to show you the wound. It didn't seem too deep, but it looked like it'd hurt, and there was some bleeding as well.

You let out a gasp before rummaging through your pockets trying to find something to help the boy.

Damn there's only lint in here!

Quickly pulling out your phone, you scanned through the apps while the injured boy watched with confusion.

C'mon cmon, there's gotta something good in here!

You were able to find an app with a plus sign on it, and clicked on it, hoping that it'd be a first aid kit and not a calculator. Luckily your hopes were fulfilled, and you were able to bandage up the boy's wounds.

"Let me say this again, I am so sorry that happened,"

He chuckled, scratching the back of his head,
"Hehe, it's alright, stuff like this happens to me all the time!"

"What do you mean?"

A slight sigh came out of him,
"Well I'm just a bit unlucky, that's all,"

That's when you realized just who you were talking to.

"Bennett!"
You exclaimed before hugging him.

The hug was definitely welcome, but also confusing for him.

"Uh... do I know you from somewhere?"

You pulled away and spoke nervously as you made up an excuse,
"I uh... I've heard about you in the city! I never thought I'd actually be able to meet you!"

He blinked in surprise,
"You... wanted to meet me?"

You nodded.

"And you've heard about my luck too, right?"

You nodded again.

"And you still wanted to meet me?"

A third nod answered his question.

He smiled brightly,
"That's great then! I'm always looking to make new friends!"

You gave him a smile, and then realized that you were missing a windy bard. Wind breezes past your ear, and you heard a faint whisper.

"I'll be in the city,"

Damn that was handy!