12: A chilling proposal

Kaeya woke up not knowing exactly where he was. All he could remember was seeing you exit the manor and then...

He looked around. He was inside the manor, laying down on a very comfortable bed.

And you were sitting next to him.

"Thank god you finally woke up, it gets pretty boring watching a person sleep, y'know?"

He raised a brow,
"Why were you watching me sleep?"

You crossed your arms,
"Well Diluc said you might run off, so he told me to stay here,"

Kaeya began to sit up, putting a hand on his aching head,
"He said that, huh? And your relationship with him is...?"

"I'm his boyfriend,"

He nodded, then moved his hand to his eye, breathing a sigh of relief when he felt the cloth of the eyepatch.

Then he gave you a suspicious look, making you chuckle,
"Don't worry, I didn't peek. But I do have questions for you,"

You brought your head closer to his, speaking in a low voice,
"Why were you following me,"

He shrugged with a smirk,
"Why not?"

You clicked your tongue,
"What's it gonna take for you to tell me?"

To be honest the reason was pretty clear to you. Being from "another land" and somehow staying under the radar for so long, then suddenly asking about the Traveller? You'd be suspicious of yourself too.

A mischievous smirk formed on his lips as he brought himself close to you, hooking a finger under your chin.
"One night together seems like a fair trade?"

"Okay, I'll meet you outside the church around sundown,"

Huh? He didn't expect you to say yes!

"B-but aren't you and Master Diluc-?"

"We're in an open relationship,"

Well that would've been nice to know before he fake asked you out. His whole game plan was to fluster you before you rejected him, and then use that time to maybe gather some intel and leave.

But now the opposite of what he wanted was happening, and he found himself feeling a whole swirl of emotions he didn't think he deserved.

"Kaeya? You alright there? You don't have to go on a date with me, it's okay if you want to back down,"
You said the last part with a bit of mockery.

He managed to regain his confident and flirty composure,
"And why would I do something like that to someone as pleasant as you?"

HA! Sucker.
You thought to yourself. Everything was going just as you hoped.

"You'll have to excuse me know, I told Razor I'd visit one of his wolf friends today,"
Taking his hand in yours, you gave it a kiss.

"See you at sunset~"
You flashed him a smile before leaving.

After you left, Kaeya just sat in the bed for a good minute or two processing everything that had happened. Was he really going to go on a date with you?! His mission was just to make sure you weren't a threat!

But then he thought, what would be a better way of getting information out of you other than a date? Yes, that's definitely the reason he asked you out earlier!

He got out of the bed and made his way to exit the manor, bumping into Diluc on the way out.

The red haired man just smirked at his brother, and Kaeya realized that he'd probably heard everything.

"Not a word,"
The cryo wielder warned before leaving.

~•~

"When you told me I'd be meeting a wolf, I didn't think you'd mean LUPUS BOREAS!"

"Big Lupical. Razor wanted (y/n) to meet big lupical,"
He explained.

The giant ghostly wolf just stared down at you, it's eyes narrowing.

With a grunt, it disappeared into the air.

"I don't think he likes me,"

Razor comfortingly patted your back,
"(Y/n) is good, lupical will see that,"

You gave the boy a hug,
"Thanks Razor. Let's go to the woods, there are some berries I'd like to turn to jam,"

~•~

The evening came quicker than Kaeya hoped, but he managed to get to the agreed meeting place early, needing a little prep time to get himself romance ready.

He'd need to pull out all the stops to really woo you. For information of course!

He'd take you to the good hunter, eat a meal with some wine, and hopefully get you drunk enough to get you to tell him your true intentions.

He'd just need to be his usually smooth self and everything would be alright!

But when you walked towards him, everything changed. The orange sun perfectly backdropped you, making you seem perfectly ethereal. That was so unfair!

"You ready to go, Kaeya?"
You held a hand out to him.

He placed his hand in yours,
"Y-yeah,"

This would be a long date.

______________________
Making confident men flustered is so fun even if it's ooc