13: Icy date

"Kaeya? Is something wrong? Why're you just standing still?"
You tugged a little on his hand, but the man wasn't budging.

"Huh?! Oh I uh... was admiring your beauty!"
He managed to say with a flirty tone.

Nice save me!

"Why thank you, you're looking awfully pretty yourself today too,"
You replied without missing a beat.

Ooh you were definitely dangerous.

"So where did you have in mind for our date, cavalry captain?"
You asked.

He couldn't take you to the Good Hunter anymore. If anyone saw how he'd act around you, his reputation would be ruined!

"Let's head back to my office, I cleared my desk in case you wanted to do some... extracurricular activities..."
He said with a wink, enjoying the blush on your face.

"I-I don't think that'll be necessary. But I would like to see your office,"

If it meant that you'd be able to see a place that wasn't available in the actual game, you'd do it.

But just as you got to his door...

"...it's locked,"

You raised a brow,
"Why don't you just use a key? It's your office after all,"

He looked at you nervously,
"I don't have one..."

"What do you mean you don't have one? It's your office!"
You complained, trying to open the door.

He had no real answer to this. He never needed a key to his office because it was never locked before now! He didn't even know it could lock!

With another attempt to see a place you weren't supposed to see squashed, you and Kaeya just sat in front of the church, eating a sweete madame he'd gotten from the good Hunter.

This date wasn't going exactly how he wanted.

He was planning on sweeping you off your feet, occasionally interrogating you while slipping in some flirting, then retreating to his office with you to... extract information.

But it seemed Bennett's bad luck rubbed off on him, and he silently ate some chicken with you on the stone steps leading up to the cathedral.

He tried to salvage it, figuring that he'd at least still be able to question you.

"So how long do you plan to spend in Mondstadt?"

You thought for a moment,
"Maybe a month or so more. I want to catch up with the traveler soon,"

He hummed in response, your response matching up with what Jean had told him earlier.

"Well, if you ever need a place to sleep, my home is always open to you. Though I don't think we'd do much sleeping~"
He smiled mischievously at you, though was slightly disappointed when he didn't see a blush.

"Kaeya, when's the last time you had a day off?"
You asked after taking a bite of your food.

"Hm, not in a bit. Why?"

You stood up so you could sit behind him on some high up steps.
"Why don't you lay your head down for a bit then? Even the esteemed Cavalry Captain himself needs some rest every now and then,"

He did as you asked, letting his head rest on your lap while looking up into your eyes. Your fingers began to run through his hair, gently massaging his scalp, and before he knew it, he'd become putty in your hands.

It was true, he hadn't had down time in a while, especially since all of that stormterror business hadn't been resolved until a month or so ago. Work kept piling up and so did the stress, but he'd managed to push through till now.

There was always so much in his mind, whether it'd be his duties to Mondstadt or his ties to Kahneri'ah and the abyss order.

But maybe for a moment, he'd just relax.

No mission to complete, no paperwork to fill, just enjoying a nice date with an even nicer person.

Even though his plan for the date fell flat, he still felt like it turned out well, even if he wasn't as romantic as he hoped.

"I had a wonderful time Kaeya, I'll see you again soon, alright?"

He nodded,
"Maybe next time we can go a bit... further,"

You chuckled, going up to give him a quick kiss.
"Stay safe,"

Before turning around to walk to the Dawn Winery.

Oh he definitely had to go on another date with you.

~•~

"So how did it go?"
Your first lover asked.

"It went pretty good. Kaeya's a big flirt, but he's pretty normal once you get past that,"

Diluc chuckled briefly before kissing your cheek.
"I'm going to bed, don't keep me waiting,"

You immediately stood up,
"I'll be right there!"

_________________________

One or two more Kaeya chapters and then I'll move on the liyue and albedo will happen when you go the dragon spine if that ever happens