Chapter 2: the little things

Once Luna returned home, Jen and I headed back home for the night it was around close to midnight by the time we walked through the front door hoping we didn't wake mom and dad. Jen and I where soaking wet due to the rain from early. "Alright I'm off to bed bro." Jen said patting me on the shoulder, walking to their room. I was pretty tired so I headed off to my room for the night. I took a shower and set my clothes to dry after I changed into some white sweatpants and a red shirt for the night. I put my phone to charge and scrolled through my phone looking at the pictures I had taken of Luna, Jen and I. I smiled to myself seeing how cute Luna looked in the pictures. A notification popped up on my phone saying it was a message from Luna.

Luna❤️
Hey Cam, you still up?

Cam🌑☀️

Yup. What's up?

Luna❤️
Can you send the pictures from today pls?

Cam🌑☀️
Sure, darling. 👍 one sec.

Luna❤️
Sweet! I got them! Thanks Cam. 😊

Cam🌑☀️
Your welcome Luna.

Luna❤️
You know what I always like?

Cam🌑☀️
Hmm no? What?

Luna❤️
Just the little things of life, like today.
I've always loved it. Don't you think?

Cam🌑☀️
Yeah, I like that saying luna.

We kept talking for a while long. I thought about what she said about the little things in life, like hanging out with friends. Ofc she was right the little things mattered in life. That's one of the things that I loved about her, she always loved everything about life, even the smallest thing. But I could never tell her how I felt, I mean she was my best friend after all. I didn't want to ruin that I don't even know if she feels the same way. I shook my head back to see Luna telling me goodnight as she was tired and was going to sleep. I texted back saying night before setting my phone down to go to sleep. I woke up around 2:00am not be able to sleep, all I could think about was Luna. A knock on my window pulled me out of my thoughts. "What the?" I got up walking over to my window seeing that it was Luna with a small bag. "Can I come in?" She asked her voice sounding a bit muffled on the other side. "Oh yeah sry" I said opening the window to let her in. "Thanks" she stepped inside my room setting the bag down.

"What are you doing here?, it's 2:00 am Luna." She walked over to where my electric guitar was. " I couldn't sleep and I'm guessing you couldn't either" we had gone over to each other's houses many times before so it was normal if one of us showed up at random times of the night if either of us couldn't sleep. " yeah, what's in the bag?"
I asked. "Playing cards silly, but also new paint for your guitar too since you told me you wanted to repaint it." She said picking up my guitar gently and walking over to her bag, sitting down placing it on her lap. I walked over sitting down across from her. "Oh yeah I remember now" she nodded. I grabbed the bag taking the playing cards out.

Luna started painting my guitar again, while I shuffled the deck of cards watching her focus while painting. She looked so cute I got lost in her green eyes every time. "Done!" Luna said. "What do you think?" I snapped back looking at the guitar. I smiled. "Wow, thanks Luna I love it." She smiles softly. " now your ready for the gig on Tuesday with the band." Setting the guitar to the side I hugged her. "Thank you this means a lot." She chuckled. " it's no problem Cam" she said hugging me back I loved her hugs they where the best, she loved mine as well. After a few seconds I let go of her. " so you coming to the gig right?" She nodded. " I would not miss it goofball!" "Good." I said placing the guitar to dry. I was in a band with my sister Jenny and Rio along with Violet the girl that Jen had a crush on. I played the electric guitar, Jenny played the drums, Rio the bass and Violet sang for the band. Jen and Violet where sophomores so we all got along good.

We had a poster of our band named "Black flames" on it hanging on the wall of my room. That Luna had made for us. She was our biggest fan. "Ready to get destroyed in Gold fish darling?" I asked Luna grinning. "Is that a challenge sir?" I smirked faintly. " yes it is." She looked at me with a serious look on her face which was so adorable. " alright then, loser has to but coffee tomorrow at Zekey Bunny cafe, deal?" She asked holding her hand out. " hmm deal Princess, be ready to lose." I shook her hand. "In your dreams pretty boy." Luna playfully teased.
We loved to teased each other when we could.

After 2 rounds of playing Luna ended up beating me. "Haha!!! I won!!" She said proudly standing up and doing a spin. I laughed. "Yes you did." I stood up yawning a bit. It was 3:21am by the time we had finished the game. Luna sighed."well should get going then." She replied yawning as she was tired too. "Ok." I said walking over and opening the window. She grabbed her things and stepped out into the calm windy night. " see you tomorrow Cam." She smiled. "Bye Luna, get home safe." She nodded as she left back home. I closed the window, walking back to bed and climbing in. I fell asleep for the night.

That night I ended up having a dream that something had happened to Luna and I couldn't save her. I woke up in the morning covered in sweat and my breathing was off and heavy. I rubbed my head trying to calm down. "Fuck." I mumbled. My eye sight was blurry as I tried to focus on the light coming through my bedroom window. I got up walking to the bathroom and splashing water on my face to wake me up. I sighed taking a deep breath looking into the mirror and calming down. Ofc I knew Luna was safe back at home, I would never let anything happen to her as she was my best friend and I loved her a lot to lose her. A dig came from my phone seeing that Luna had woken up and to meet at the cafe in two hours. I replied back saying alright and that I would meet her there.

I hopped in the shower hoping that it would help me calm down taking the dream off my mind. After showing I dried off then changed into some blue jeans, a white shirt along with my green vans. And my black jacket. Ready to see Luna at the cafe like I promised. I headed downstairs seeing Jenny, my mom and dad eating breakfast. "Morning everyone." I said. "Morning hun, you sleep ok?" My mom asked sipping her coffee. "Yes mom" I replied. My dad stood up. " well I'm off to work, bye everyone." My dad said giving my mom a kiss on the forehead. " bye love" my mom said watching as my dad left for work. Jenny left shortly after to go help Violet practice for the gig on Tuesday so it was just myself and my mom in the house. I helped my mom wash and dry the dishes. "So honey, how is Luna?" She asked while drying a dish. " she's good mom, we are going to meet up for coffee at that bunny cafe in a bit." She smiled. " well I hope you two have fun." She winked at me slightly. My cheeks turned a bit red. " mom! You know she is my best friend." My mom chucked. " you never know how she might feel hun." She said placing a hand on my shoulder before walking away to finish her work in the office. I placed the last dish in the washer before heading out the door to meet up with Luna.

This is the end of chapter 2! Pls comment and vote! Till next time❤️🫶
-Ru