staying together (chan & minho)

Written for day 22 of Spanktember 2023. I used an alternative prompt "Ear tug".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minho was still there, right at Chan's elbow, checking the map on his phone, when the train slowed into the station. The doors opened and they were spat out, almost as though by a living thing, onto the crowded platform. Someone pushed past Chan, sprinting towards the escalator, no doubt in an attempt to catch the next train. He himself had to hastily dodge an ahjumma with a little wheeled bag that was marching into the carriage at the head of the crowd of people waiting to board. Then the robotic voice announced that the doors would close and the train was already pulling out of the station with a rush of warm air.

"Which exit does the map say?" Chan asked, glancing back at Minho.

Only, Minho wasn't there. Chan looked around in surprise, slowing a little and earning himself a curse from the man walking behind him. Bowing in apology, he extracted himself from the queue of people moving towards the escalator and hastily scanned the platform. It was difficult in the fast-moving crowd, even though Minho's hair was luckily bleached at the moment.

Minho was nowhere to be seen.

Chan's protective instincts immediately kicked into high gear. He took his phone out of his pocket, hurriedly dialling Minho's number.

It rang two or three times and then abruptly stopped.

Call declined.

Fighting against the rising panic, Chan speed-walked down the fast-emptying platform. Maybe Minho had simply gotten separated from him in the rush, and was waiting in one of the alcoves. But that was not the case.

He called once more, and once again the call was declined.

At a run, Chan went up the nearest escalator.

If anybody had taken Minho, they would be trying to get him to an exit. Unless they had somehow slipped out one of the emergency doors on the ends of the platform, but that was likely to have triggered an alarm. He was dialling their manager's number as he ran.

Chan rounded the corner.

There, beyond the turnstiles, Minho was calmly sitting next to a potted plant. He looked rather bored.

Chan tapped his card and fairly barrelled through the turnstile, storming across the marble floor to where Minho was now languidly getting to his feet. He grabbed Minho in a bear hug as soon as he reached him.

Minho gave a rather surprised squawk, tapping at Chan's shoulder. "What? Why are you hugging me?"

"Where the hell did you go?" Chan asked, still holding him tight. Minho was safe and breathing and not kidnapped or something worse.

"To buy gum," Minho said, making it sound like Chan was being incredibly dense. "Get off me, hyung."

He was still struggling determinedly to get out of Chan's hug. Chan let him go, but kept a grip on his shoulders.

"Why didn't you stick close to me? I told you not to go off on your own. We don't have managers or bodyguards or anybody else with us. And not only did you wander off you didn't pick up the phone when I tried to call you? I thought you were being kidnapped and some kidnapper had your phone."

Minho chuckled. "You're so dramatic, hyung."

"I'll show you dramatic," Chan growled.

He grabbed Minho by the ear, ignoring his indignant yelp, and started dragging him in the direction of the bathroom.