[AU] barbarians at the gates (chan, minho & felix)

Written for day 15 of Spanktember 2023. The prompt is "Bare bottom corner time".

This is a scene from an AU story that I want to write at some point in the future. Felix is a spoilt, arrogant and obnoxious but very lonely chaebol heir and the rest of Stray Kids (except Hyunjin - he's a friend Felix makes at university) are a team of bodyguards hired to protect him from an assassin. The story mostly focuses on Chan, Minho and Felix. Chan and Minho become parental figures to Felix, who is severely emotionally neglected by his real dad.

Felix is a bit OOC in this, as this scene is near the start of the story where he's still very much the heartless, spoilt chaebol.

Their ages are obviously a bit different in this fic.

Felix & Hyunjin (19)

Jeongin (25)

Jisung, Seungmin (26)

Changbin (27)

Minho (28)

Chan (29)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It comes as no surprise to Chan that when he gets to the police station he finds Felix in the middle of cussing out a cop. He hears him long before he sees him, uttering strings of words that would have made a seasoned sailor blush.

The young officer behind the counter in the police station's foyer, greets Chan with a bow and an apologetic wince.

"Good evening, sir. May I help you?"

"I'm here for him," Chan says, with a nod towards the room on the other side of the swing doors, where Felix has now apparently turned to insulting the appearance of someone's mother.

"You're here for...? The...him? Oh, thank God." The young man reddens slightly. "Sorry, I didn't mean..."

"Oh, I know the feeling," Chan says mildly. "Can you take me to him, or is there something I need to sign?"

"If you're bailing him out, the arresting officer will have all the documents you need to sign," the officer says, stepping out from behind the counter. "It's sergeant Kim that brought him in, I think. This way, if you please, sir."

Chan follows him through the swinging doors, into the open bullpen filled with rows of desks. It's fairly late in the evening, so many of the desks are empty. Felix's bleach blonde hair immediately catches his eye, where he is seated in front of a desk across the room.

Chan is just in time to see him grab a book from said desk and hurl it across the table at the plain-clothes policeman sitting opposite him. Fortunately, his cuffed hands prevents him from throwing both hard and accurately, and the cop manages to dodge the projectile. He straightens in his chair with a tired grimace, which makes Chan wonder if it's perhaps not the first time, this evening, that the poor guy has had to dodge something.

"Sergeant Kim," the officer with Chan says, "this is Lee Yongbok's guardian."

The cop gets to his feet, clearly relieved. Felix jumps to his feet as well. The smug look on his face turns to a ferocious scowl once he catches sight of Chan.

"What the fuck are you doing here? I called my father, not you."

"Your father is busy," Chan says, shortly. He turns to the cop. "What do I need to do to get him out of here?"

There's a few documents to sign, and the sergeant explains that they'll have to come back to the station within the next week to have a meeting with the guy Felix got in a fight with, hopefully to amicably resolve the entire matter. Then, sergeant Kim fishes a handcuff key out of his drawer and hands it across to desk to Chan.