Chapter 15: Am I Safe?

Rikki POV

    FLASHBACK:

           I was downstairs making breakfast like I always do for Joey, I was putting the food on the table, Joey came up from behind me hugging me, "Good morning beautiful" he said, "Hi" I said, he kissed me cheek and let go of me. "It smells good" he said, "Hope you enjoy babe" I said, he seem like he was in a good mood.

  I sat with him, "Um did I say you could sit with me?" he said, I looked at him, "Clean up your mess"

  I stood up going to the sink cleaning the dishes, he came up from behind me grading my arms really tight, "Joey stop" I beg, "You know I don't like a mess house and you go and do it anyways" he said grading my arms tighter "I'm sorry I forgot" I said, he let go turning me around, grabbing my arms again, "You forgot? You are such a stupid bitch" he said, he threw me on the floor, "You know what since you love making a mess" he push everything off the table, and threw plates on the floor.

  He came and grab me, I tried not to look him, "Joey please" I said, he slap me in face, "Clean up your damn mess" he said, he walked away, I held my face with tears coming down. I clean up the mess he made, and went to my room looking out the window, thinking what I did to deserve this life. Joey never lets me leave the house, I'm stuck here always.

  Joey came in looking at me, "I think it's time for me to go" I spoke; I knew he wasn't going to like this, but I’m tired of him hurting me like this along with his roommates. "What did you say to me" he said, "I just" I said, "No you’re not going anywhere!" he cut me off, I stood up, "I can't do this anymore" I said, I walked past going downstairs, "You don't walk away from me" he yelled he push me downstairs, I was on the floor trying to get up, he came to me and started to kick me in the stomach, I was coughing and crying. "Get the fuck up"

I ignore him, I was holding my stomach, "I said get the fuck up!" he grab me and threw me to the wall, "Joey please stop" I begged. He grad my face, "You’re not going anywhere, you know better than to say shit like that, you are mine Rikki remember what I told you the last time you ran away" he said, and I did he said he would kill me and if I ever told anyone he would kill everyone I love. I was a prisoner here.

  "I promise I won’t leave" I said, he slapped me in the face, "Good, and suck it up, don't cry" he said, he walked out of the house, I ran upstairs to my room, going on my bed crying my eyes out, what did I get myself into, I should have listen to my friends and my mom but I didn't and look at me now, maybe I do deserve this, this is my life forever...there no way out.

       END OF FLASHBACK

    I woke up breathing hard, it was in the middle of the night, I looked over at Wes he was sleeping, I turned over the other side, I sat up thinking it’s been a long time since I've dream about Joey having nightmares. They have come back. I walked out of the room I went downstairs I looked out the window and seeing cops drive around.

   I told on him, I broke the promise, I'm so scared out of my mind, he going to kill me and the ones I love...Wesley. I want to leave I was thinking this is my chance to leave, I'm not safe I know I'm not, and staying here is making Wesley unsafe, I have to go, I'm not sure where I'll go, it was time for me to change everything about me.

     I went outside to the store; I had my hood looking out making sure he doesn't find me. I got some hair dye I figured I had to change my hair color, probably change my name as well. I was paying for the stuff, I saw someone behind me, my heart was beating fast, and “Here you go miss" the cashier said, giving my change back. "Thanks" I said turning around fast running into the person behind me. "Hey there you okay" he said, "I'm sorry" I said running out to the car and driving back to Wesley house.

    I got into the house, going to the bathroom I got out the dye and I grab scissors, I was going to cut my hair, I started cutting it making it short up to my shoulders, I got the dye out and did it, I was a blonde, I looked in the mirror and I was crying so bad. I went to Wesley room, he was still sleeping, I grab a bag putting clothes in there, grad the box that my mom gave me; it was about 500 hundred dollars. I was going to get a bus ticket and just go somewhere far from here.

    I was downstairs, I put on Wesley jacket, and my hood on, and I grab the bag. I turn around seeing Wesley, I screamed covering my mouth, and he scared me so bad. "What are you doing? I ask, "What are you doing? I heard sometime downstairs" he said, I didn't answer him, he took my hood off seeing my hair he was touching it, "Rikki what did do you? What's going on?

    "Wesley I'm leaving, I'm running away, this time he won’t find me, change my hair and I'm changing everything" I said crying, "No I told you I can protect you, please don't go" he said close to tear, "I have to go Wes, I can't stay here" I said, "I'm not letting you go babe" he said, I dropped the bag and hugged him, he was holding me so tight, "Am I safe Wes?" I ask, he let go and looked at me, "As long as you are with me you are safe" he said, he kissed me.

     "You know you look good as a blonde"

I hit him in the arm, he laughed, "It was a stupid idea, I did to keep you safe" I said, "No more running away, your safe right here with me" he said, he kissed me again. We went back up stair, to the room, we went into bed, he was holding me in his arms, I did feel safe in his arms, running here was a good thing it led me to Wesley.

  Chapter 15(: Only 3 more days and I'm out of high school, now that its going to be summer, I will finish this story. I hope you enjoy this chapter (: Tell me what you think! Love ya♥