Chapter Two: A Fresh Start

As I unpack my things I have, I made a list of things I needed. I had a room to myself, I had a balcony where I could sit and look at the beach it was nice.

   In my dad new family was his wife Emily, she looks like a bit of a bitch, but she turned out to be super sweet, she has two kids a boy and a girl, Kevin who is 6, and Leslie who is 10. They were two cute kids; I was an only child so it was nice to have two siblings.

  "Hey Rikki how are you holding up? My dad ask me as he walked in my room, "Um I'm good I guess" I hissed. It was really awkward with my dad; we haven't really talked in years.

  "You know how to drive right?" he ask he was trying to come up something to talk about, "Um...yeah dad I can drive" I said as I sat on my bed.

  "Okay well I was wondering maybe you could spend more time with Emily and Leslie get to know them better" he said. "Sure why not" I said, I guess I could try to get to know them; they weren't that as bad as I thought they were going to be.

  "Great Emily taking Leslie to a concert tonight, and she has an extra ticket you can go" he said, as he walking out of my room. A concert? I thought it was probably it's going to be a lame concert, I wasn't sure who Leslie likes, and maybe I will have some fun to get my mind off of things.

   I got ready putting on my ripped up jeans and a white tank top with a skull on the back and did my long brown hair in a fish tail braid.

   Leslie wanted me to do a fish tail braid on her she thought it looked so cool. "Rikki you ready to go?" Emily called out, "Yeah" I called back, I walked down stairs getting in the car, and Leslie was listening to her IPod. "So Rikki at the concert you don't really need to hang out with us, Leslie has some friends coming also so I'm going to watch them" Emily said, "Oh okay well I don't really know anyone so I just might stay with you" I said.

  It was true I didn't know anyone, so I might as well stick with Emily, get to know her better.

   The concert was in Pomona, about an hour ago, we were going to the Glass House. Once we got there, so many girls were there, screaming and freaking out. Must a boy like Justin Bieber or something?

   We were waiting in line, Emily and I were talking most of the time, I wanted some coffee, and I went to go find a coffee shop.