1.6 Heart monitor

Stiles and Maddy chose to ignore Scott, Maddy holds a grudge, even though she never seems to be able to hold those for a long time. Scott tried to talk to both of them several times but they ignore him.

Meanwhile, Maddy has gotten closer to Isaac, their old friendship has rekindled. But for both, there are secret romantic feelings involved. Maddy is mostly in her bedroom, either hiding from Scott, or from her feelings for one of her best friends.

Lydia has been pushing Maddy to confess her feelings for the boy, but Maddy refuses as she is scared of the rejection she might face followed by the possible loss of their friendship.

Right now, Maddy is in her bedroom working on her homework, it's 5 am and she hasn't slept all night. She looks at the time on her watch and sighs as she gets up. She takes a shower, it takes an hour for her to get ready as she also does her hair and blowdries it. When she is dressed and her makeup is on, she walks downstairs where her dad is sleeping on the couch and her brother has left the usual mess.

She starts cleaning up softly before she starts making dinner and puts it in the fridge for that night. She leaves the house, she waits outside where eventually Isaac pulls up on his bike. He takes her to lookout point, she smiles as he sits down with his feet over the edge.

She smiles as she walks over and sits next him. There's little to no space between them and her hand finds his.

He slowly and carefully locks his fingers with hers making her heart flutter as a blush grows on her cheeks. She tries to hide her smile but fails as Isaac looks at her with a smile too.

After a silence, he looks at her again. "What's going on with you?" He asks worry creaking through his voice even though he tries to keep it hidden.

Tears fill her eyes as she keeps looking ahead of them. "I don't know. Maybe the fact that I haven't slept for two days. Or that I keep disappointing my dad. Or that...that...I don't know," she says as a few tears roll down her cheeks.

"What do you do instead of sleeping?" He asks looking away knowing she feels embarrassed when she cries.

"Make homework, study for test, read books, cleanup the house. Just a lot of things that I can do instead of sleeping," she says wiping away her tears.

 "You need to tell your dad, Maddy," he says but she shakes her head.

"I don't want to," she says with a breaking voice as she looks at her hands.

"You have to. You'll go back on your meds and you'll be better. You'll sleep and eat," he says putting a curl out of her face.

"No, because when I'm on my meds. I have zero control over my IED and the time bomb i am, becomes more ticking." Her eyes meet his," And I don't want to hurt you because my meds make it worse," she says softly.

Isaac smiles softly. "You can't hurt me. Not physically. There's nothing you can do to hurt me like that," he says grabbing her hands and leaning closer to her.

Suddenly Maddy gets scared that he will kiss her, so she quickly gets up. "We should head to school...so we're not late," she adds as quick as she can.

At school, she looks around while Isaac locks his bike. "People are staring at us," she says with a frown.

Before Isaac can react, Jackson pulls up in his porch. Maddy sighs as she immediately notices the smug look on his face. "Here we go again," she mumbles under her breath.

Jackson opens the car door while Isaac finally locks his bikes. "New boyfriend, Madelyn?" He asks looking at Isaac up and down. 

"Confidence back, Jackson?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.