1.4 magic bullet

"So, how are you and Scott doing?" Lydia asks as she walks with Maddy through the open school doors.

Maddy looks at her with a slight smile. "We're just back to being good friends," she says as they walk through the school halls.

"What about Allison?" Lydia asks.

"What about her?" Maddy asks with a frown.

"Well, he's dating her. You used to date him," Lydia shrugs.

"I don't care. I don't even know the girl," Maddy sighs as they open their lockers.

"Can i intruduce you to some of the lacrosse players? Please," Lydia says putting her hand on Maddy's shoulder.

"No, i don't want to start dating yet," Maddy says shrugging.

"You can't stay single forever," Lydia sighs.

"Lyds, nobody wants to date me. I'm the girl that had a tube in her nose. The girl with IED, the one that has beaten up your boyfriend, several times. I'm the sheriff's daughter, the brother of Stiles and the ex of Scott. I struggle with food and sleep, my back is covered in bruises. I'm probably gonna end up single and lonely. Or i'm gonna get pregnant, by some miracle, when i'm in college and forever be a single mom, that has to work three jobs to support her child. And i'm okay with that," Maddy smiles at her best friend.

Allison walks over to the two and looks at them. "Hi, i'm Allison," she says with a smile and her hand out to Maddy.

"I know who you are," Maddy says, but this time she has a smile on her lips.

"Nice to meet you," Allison smiles as Maddy takes her hand.

"We should have a sleepover," Lydia smiles.

"That would be fun," Allison smiles looking at Maddy.

Maddy lets out a sigh before nodding. "Fine, but we're gonna do a Harry Potter marathon," she says pointing her finger at Lydia.

"Fine," Lydia sighs with her usual kind smile.

"Great, 9pm?" Allison asks.

"At mine," Lydia smiles before she walks off with Allison.

In class Maddy sits next Scott while the teacher starts handing out test results. "You' ll be fine," Maddy says with a smile when she notices he is nervous.

Stiles taps Scott's shoulder making the two turn to him. "If Derek isn't the alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?" He asks.

Maddy looks at Scott with raised eyebrows. "I don't know," he says with a shrug.

"Did the alpha kill the bus driver?" Stiles asks.

" I dont know," Scott says again.

"Does Allison's dad know about the..." stiles asks leaning forward.

"I don't know," Scott says mid sentence in annoyance.

"Jeez, what do you know," Maddy sighs while her test gets dropped on her desk.

She smiles looking at the A+ which immediately ends her participation in the conversation between the trio.

Maddy walks through the school halls during lunch and stops when she sees Isaac by a trash can taking out his backpack. "Jackson again, huh?" She asks grabbing his books from the floor.

"Yeah, just being the nice neighbor. As always," he scoffs stuffing his books in his pack.

"You should go to a teacher, Is," she sighs while they start walking out of the hall.