Chapter 3

Hyunjin let Jisung go. He knew he needed sometime alone too. What Jisung had just told him hurt him... as if a thousand knives had just cut into his flesh.

Maybe he was just emotional and he needed a break.
Maybe he was way too annoying.
Maybe he was too Hyunjin.
Maybe he was too-

A loud noise was heard and he suddenly hit the breaks.
He had almost crashed.
He wasn't paying attention he almost crashed.

"Hey- Hyunjin?"

"I'm so so sorry- Hannah? What are you doing here? I thought you were in the States?"

"Yes, I came back last week because of Jisung I was worried about my brother so, even if it has been a couple of months, I wanted to pay him a visit."

"Oh cool. Um- I apologize for the -almost- car accident. Was there any damage? I can repair it, I swear."

"Hey, hey. Calm down. It's fine, you just stopped in time but are you okay you seem pretty shaken up."

"Yes, um. I just had an argument with Sung and I was pretty upset, I was so caught up in my head I just zoned out completely. I'm sorry again, I just shouldn't have been driving. I'll park here and walk to the dorms."

"No, I'll drive you don't worry and we could call a manager to bring your car back in the dorms."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I was heading towards there anyway."

"Okay, sure, thank you. Just- if you are able to please do not mention anything to your brother. He shouldn't be worried about me too."

...

They made it home, Hannah going to her brother's room right after.

Jisung was in the living room with his headphones on. Hyunjin wanted to go and hug him but he opted to give him space.
So he just announced for whoever was listening that he would be showering.

Hyunjin slowly made his way into the bathroom.
The room he dreaded entering, each and every time.

Before... that he would have put soft classical music to play in the background but... now that he can barely enter that room he cannot care enough about music, just the sound of his irregular breathing and the splashing of the water is enough for him.

He went into the bathtub and sat down. He haven't had a regular bath since then.
He was too scared, so a shower was enough.

As he was seated on the tiles, he started to feel cold, despite of the hot water rising.
His heart was starting to beat irregularly and his hands were trembling.
Suddenly his world went quiet and he couldn't breath.
Everything was blurry and he could only see blood.

Blood and Jisung's lifeless body.

How did he get here?
Was this all a dream?
What is that?
Where is he?
Why can't he hear anything?
Why is there blood everywhere?

Is Jisung dead?

Who is he?
Why is he so cold and hot and shivering?

Why can't he breath?

.

Jisung was in his room.
His rage had finally passed and he honestly felt terrible.
Usually, he would talk to Hyunjin in an attempt to get the comfort he needed by his best friend.
But this time... he had said such mean stuff to him, he was sure he wouldn't be able to face him.
And that was why he needed advice and who knows Hyunjin the way he does? Felix.
So now Jisung was getting dressed to visit the other dorm.
He was almost ready to go when he had to curse at himself for forgetting his shoes in the bathroom, where he had washed them and left them to dry.
He knew Hyunjin had taken a bath one hour or so ago and he hoped he wouldn't have to face him in the bathroom, blow drying his hair.

With his black socks on, he made a run for it.
Yet... a few steps before the bathroom door something made his feet incredibly wet and as he focused he could still hear the water running.

Maybe Hyunjin forgot to turn off the water?

He went to open up the door in the dark hallway but unfortunately nothing happened, it had been locked.

Suddenly panic started to settle in.
Was that Hyunjin?
What was that wet substance?
Was it blood?
What was he doing in there?
Why was he in the bathroom for so long?
Why did he lock?
Why is he not saying anything?
Why can't he hear anything?
Why-

Was he alive?

"Hyunjin! Hyunjin, open up the door! Can you hear me? Do you listen to me? Open the door!
Now! Hyunjin!"

A few minutes later a disheveled, pale Hyunjin opened the door.

"Oh, thank God. You are okay. Why did you lock the door? Why is there water-"

"Sung, Hyun? What happened why-"

"Nothing Chan, I was taking a bath and I- fell asleep so this happened. I am going to pick up this mess. I am sorry for worrying you Sung, it wasn't my intention."

"No, Hyun. We're gonna help and then we two are going for a drive."