Check and Checkmate!

The morning rose bright and sunny.

Arnav walked down in his usual impeccable suit flanked by Akash. Anjali sat at the dining table waiting for her brothers to join her for breakfast. Nani looked with pleasure at the happiness that seemed to have descended on their house with the impending nuptials. Mami's head swum with the number of lists she had going. Did her husband have to pick this week to go out on business? NK looked lost in his own world.

"Di, I forgot to mention but I asked Aman to drop his daughter off at our home for Mehndi and Sangeet. Would you mind keeping an eye on her?"

Anjali looked at her usually morose brother. This was getting interesting.

"Of course Chottey. I liked Anya. She seemed very wise for a 6-year-old. It was nice of you to offer Chottey."

"It's nothing Di. Actually I have some work for Aman."

Arnav looked at his sister.

"Di, Did you want me to hire the same choreographer from our cousin's wedding for this Sangeet?"

Anjali looked like her eyes would pop out.

"Chottey, What is with you? You never dance. You hate anything to do with music and dance. The last time the choreographer was here, you kept complaining all through. What is with the sudden interest in dance?"

Arnav looked around trying to keep his voice casual.

"Well! it is Akash's wedding and I figured these things need to be taken care of. If you are not interested, that is OK."

Anjali's face fell.

"No! Not that Chottey. It is not that. Of course it will be fun to get a choreographer. You know what, we should invite Payal ji and Khushi ji too. They love to dance."

Arnav smirked when he realized he had hit target.

"OK Di. If you want it I can arrange for her."

NK's voice rang out.

"Actually can we call Lavanya too? She is with Khushi ji and Payal ji till the end of the month. Am sure she will like to dance too. Perhaps we can have some duets..."

NK lapsed into his dream world.

Anjali suppressed a smile and said "Yes NK Bhai, we can call Lavanya ji too and yes we can have duets."

Breakfast over, Anjali picked up the phone to call Khushi.

The phone rang at the Gupta residence and Khushi picked the phone.

"Khushi ji, This is Anjali. Can you stop by home sometime today? I need to discuss some wedding shopping and sangeet preparations with you."