The New Mystic Falls

One month after saving Enzo from the Augustine Society, Alice was taken to the local elementary school for a placement test. Eager to not repeat 10 years of general education, Alice used her knowledge from her previous life to answer most of the questions. However, she made sure to answer wrongly for a select few, hoping to avoid too much attention.

Despite only putting in 70% effort, the test still revealed that her skills were at an 8th grade level. Her grandmother and the school district agreed that it would be best if a private tutor took over her lessons and let her work at her own pace. Luckily, the majority of her grandfather's life insurance had been saved, and was able to cover 4 years salary for the tutor.

On August 10th, 1994, a week before her tutor would start working, Alice heard the news of Zach Salvatore and his girlfriend Gail welcoming a beautiful baby girl into the world. Alice almost cried at the news. The date was the exact same as the birthday of her youngest sister, Gianna. Her sudden sorrow at the news almost kept her from hearing the name of the new Salvatore baby, Gia. As the name reached her ears, hope filled her small heart. 'Same birthday, similar name, it has to be her,' she thought in joy.

Alice was quite content knowing that two of her sisters were currently being raised by two loving parents. She had faith that the same was true for Theadora. To keep her mind off the fact that she had no reasonable excuse to visit either of her sisters, Alice immersed herself in Emily's grimoire until her tutor started.

9 days later, Alice officially met her tutor, Alexandra Fell. Ms. Fell was astonished at how quickly Alice appeared to be learning. Within 5 months, Alice had completed all schoolwork necessary to begin 9th grade. With 4 months left until the end of the school year, the school district had not yet prepared her 9th grade coursework. Her grandmother, no longer being the one to homeschool her, had taken a job at City Hall as a receptionist. So until she could resume school, Alice would spend her week days with her Aunt Abby and Cousin Bonnie.

Being stay-at-home moms, Abby and Miranda Gilbert spent most of their week together at each other's houses. This was how Alice was able to meet Jeremy. The first day she met him, he was 3 months old. Looking into the eyes of such an innocent child, Alice then vowed to do everything she could to prevent him from experiencing the loss and addiction he was destined for. Most of her attention was focused on the small boy she had sensed from the womb, but she still noticed the way the friendship between Bonnie and Elena was starting to bloom. The two and a half year Elena loved showing the nearly two year old Bonnie all of her favorite toys. 'As close as sisters,' Alice thought solemnly.

It wasn't until February 10th, 1995, that she was able to see Gia for the first time. In celebration of Tyler's 2nd Birthday, the Lockwoods invited all of their acquaintances to their home. With Rosa and Sheila at work, Alice accompanied Abby and Bonnie to the party.

Upon entering their Mansion, Alice was delighted to see that the Salvatores were already present. The 6-month-old Gia was nestled on the hip of her mother Gail. Letting go of Abby's hand, Alice eagerly walked towards the small family standing by the punch bowl. Noticing the engagement ring on Gail's finger, Alice smiled to herself. Glancing back up at Gia, she found the infant smiling at her.

"Ah! Ah!" The baby attempted to call out her name while tapping her hands against her mother, unable to clap. Looking into her eyes, Alice was relieved to receive flashes of her sister's face.