The First Awakening -Rough Draft

February 5th, 1994 was the day the memories of Allison and Tara Montgomery returned to the souls of their owners. The two-and-half year-old Victoria Donovan awoke crying. Remembering the pain of her brain hemorrhaging as she lost her life. 

"Oh, honey. Are you okay? What just happened?" The voice of her new mother called out. 

She sniffled and blinked her eyes to wash out the tears. 

"Ma-mama?" She asked in confusion. 

"Yes, honey. I'm right here." 

"Sisters." She mumbled to herself and found annoyance in her limited ability to enunciate. 

"Do you mean brother? Mattie is right here." The kneeling woman shifted the child in her arms to face her daughter. "Are you okay, honey? Can you stand?"

She shook her head no. She wasn't sure if she could move. The memory of her mother's face was conflicting with her. In one image, her mother had red hair, thin lips, and brown eyes. But the other, the women in front of her, had brown hair with thick lips and hazel eyes. She looked down to her own hair and was dissatisfied to find it a dark blonde instead of medium orange. 

When Alice awoke, she groaned at the pain in her head

When Alice awoke, she groaned at the pain in her head. 37 years of knowledge had shoved itself into her small body. As she looked at the toddler across from her, flashes of another face were forced in front her. 

"Tara?" Alice asked

"Tara?" Alice asked. Was this girl her sister? Had she been reborn too? 

The toddler's eyes widened before she nodded her head yes. 

Having misheard the young girl, Kelly replied, "Tori? That's a nice nickname. Are you alright?".

"Yes. We accidentally bumped our heads against each other. We should be fine." Alice came up with a lie. She stood up and took a step forward to her sister. "Come on, Tara- Tori," she corrected herself. "Let's go play." She held her hand out to her for the second time of the day. 

The toddler took her hand and used the leverage to stand up. When she took her hand, the image of her older sister flashed before her. 

"Allison?" Tori questioned

"Alice." She corrected her. 

The celebration around them resumed as the worry for the girls fell away. Allison led Tori over to a tree, a few yards away from the nearest guest.  With no eyes on them, Allison took the chance to hug her little sister. 

"Oh, Tara. I'm so glad you're alright. I'm so glad you're here."

"What's hap-hapen-ning? We died." 

"I know. But I remember everything. Everything from our past lives."

Victoria nodded. "Where are we?"

"Mystic Falls. I don't know how I know this, but we were reborn into this world. It's exactly like the world of The Vampire Diaries. I think this is our new home."

"I'm- I'm Vicki?" Tori asked.

"Yes. Kelly is your mom and Matt is your brother, so you must be."

"Does that mean I'll die?" Tori asked solemnly. 

"No. I won't let that happen. You can be different." 

"Who are you? In this wold?" Tori tried to pronounce. 

"I'm a Bennet. Sheila is my great-aunt."

"Are you a witch?" Tori asked in sudden excitement.

"Yes." Alice replied with a smile. "And a powerful one too. When I was 5, I started training with Sheila. I will protect you."

"What about sisters?" Tori asked, remembering their absence 

"I don't know." Alice replied sadly. "But, if you're here, maybe they are too." 

Before they could discuss further, they were interrupted by Deputy Forbes. 

"Hi girls. It's getting cold, so it's time to come inside." 

"Okay." Alice obeyed. She made sure her sister was walking safely towards the door before she moved herself. Noticing her hesitation, Elizabeth places her hand on shoulder and began guiding her. As Alice looked towards the woman in front of her, memories invaded her mind.

 Seeing the image of Damon meeting Deputy Forbes, Alice recalled what came next

 Seeing the image of Damon meeting Deputy Forbes, Alice recalled what came next. Stefan would catch Damon feeding on their nephew's pregnant girlfriend and his attempt to control Damon would lead to the deaths of the Salvatore Boarding House's guests. This of course, would result in the Founder's Council restarting. Luckily, Alice also recalled that date of their deaths, May 10 1994. 

She still had time. 'Damon doesn't come home for at least 2 more months,' Alice thought to herself. If I can master the aneurysm spell, I can save Gail from dying. Then Damon might not be tempted to kill Zach for reminding him of his humanity. Sarah could be raised in the home she was meant to be. But would that be the best for her? To live in a town full of mystical forces? Alice's wisdom was overpowered by an unexplainable protective urge over the unborn child. She couldn't let Gail die. She had to protect the baby. She needed to get stronger.