Chapter 33 | The Blood Goddess

--Image, drawn by me, provided

--Image, drawn by me, provided.--

A looming, tall woman stood atop the hill.

A dark brown, wide-brimmed hat sat atop her head. Shoulder-length, curly white hair wavered in the breeze, tickling her pale white skin. Her foreboding, blazing, ruby eyes matched the colour of her eyeshadow and lipstick.

Through the makeup, she saw a woman identical in beauty and age. No wrinkles covered her face- skin clean of dimples, specks, or hair.

A perfect woman.

So perfect it was fake.

Her dress was a mix of brown and purple, flowing in the subtle wind. Her widened shoulders had perfectly fake red roses peaking from the side.

The corners of her lipstick-red lips curled up maliciously.

"I haven't been entirely truthful," Her heavy, feminine French voice echoed clearly. "Have I?"

Riot wanted to sneer.

... Why can't she?

"Why don't I introduce myself?" Her mother cooed, slightly tilting her head.

A quiet, girlish chuckle followed.

"My name is Signey Sang Roi." She'd put a hand on her chest and bow, "Alpha of Immorsablé- the largest pack in France."

Just then, a disgusting smell made all of the warrior's noses clench and close up.

Lumbering, slow wolves climbed the hill's peak and stopped shortly behind her mother. 

They'd sway slowly, appearances beholding similar traits to that of... rogues. Their disgusting, sickly scent was evident enough.

"Perhaps this is where my identity shall prosper to all werewolf kind."

The she-lycan narrowed her eyes.

The looming white moon shifted- appearance darkening as its newfound ray of sanguine red slowly cast itself upon the land.

"I, Signey," Her smile rose into a grin, "Am the Blood Goddess."

"The creator of rogues."

Whispers were shared amongst the open mind link- warriors questioning her and shying away.

"Wretched sister of the Moon Goddess."

Warriors howled and snapped at the indirect insult toward their Goddess- defending her name till their last breath. Regardless of who they saw her as, their pride toward their religion stood impenetrably.
The wolves around Signey, appearing brainwashed and sick, snarled and hissed through diseased or broken teeth. Their pupils were as large as their irises; not a single thought or emotion was traceable through them. They were like husks.

They had every trait, down to the stench, of a rogue. To think her mother was their creator.

Thoughts rang through them, a few that she could nearly hear. They were like whispers in the wind. She focused on them, trying her hardest; their words were decipherable.

"Blood for the Blood Goddess."

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODDESS."

Those five words rang out like a choir throughout every single mind. 

That is what drove Rogues all this time. Their thoughts were completely deprived of feeding into their Goddess' desires- shedding the blood of any living organism around them. She thought they wanted to take down pack hierarchies, but that wasn't it.

They were just puppets.

Thank god she's been hunting and killing them this entire time.

"It is hard to hide when traitors stand amongst you." Her mother's voice continued to ring out.

She looked over her shoulder, gesturing with her hand outstretched, "Come, dear."

A man hurriedly appeared- squeezing past unmoving rogues to reach his Goddess.

A stubble clung to his wide jaws. His nose was angled and shaped, furrowed brows giving him an appearance of sternness. The man lacked any trace of age, his youngness and purity shown through his lack of wrinkles.
He had a dark brown, short crew-cut that was beginning to grow out. He hadn't seen a barber in a few months. Depleted, murky emerald eyes gazed upon her form- the sight of Riot sparking a flame of envy in his irises.

All he had was a grey T-shirt and dirty dark blue jeans.

Cronus doubled over and curtly shifted into human form. Regardless of nudity, he'd point and scream at the man.

"ARGUS YOU FUCKING COCK-SUCKING NARC!"