Chapter 30 | The Legendary Lycan

His life felt complete

CEO, Alpha, Rich, but most importantly- mated.

Midas sped through the forest, circling the lake, staying in a small radius to speed back to Riot when needed. 

Cronus, not in control, was deep in thought.

Perhaps his life wasn't complete yet. Maybe it would be after he married her? Their lives would be legally conjoined, and his wallet would be hers. What new hobbies could she chase because she finally had the money to do it?

"Hunting." Midas suggested, "I bet she'd like guns."

A red-neck wife, huh? 

His wolf snorted, rolling his eyes as he leaped over a large log. "Somewhat." He'd say, "She liked making wooden statues. What if those littered our property or parks?"

Of course! How could he forget that? Riot loved spending hours molding small statues out of wood- but what if she had the money to buy high-quality wood and tools?

A horrid howl shook every bone in his body.

Midas dug his paws into the earth- skirting to a halt and perking. His ears surveyed before finding where she was and bolting in that direction.

"Riot!" They'd call for her through her mind-link, "Baby?!"

Panic made his heart pound. Midas didn't speak a word- completely focused on finding their mate. Nothing could be wrong, right? She's tough- she's amazing.

They'd skirt to a stop once they leap out of the woods and onto the grass.

His nude, pale mate squirmed on her back. She writhed- limbs flailing- as agonized groans, whimpers, and howls climbed out of her like a storm. The she-wolf's skin was littered with white hairs growing rapidly.
Tears trailed down either side of her face. Midas quickly stepped back- letting them shift. Cronus stumbled on his human legs but ran up to her writhing form and dropped to his knees. He grasped her hand in his palms, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb.

"Riot?" He'd pant, "Breathe baby, breathe. It's just a shift."

Her chest rose and fell quickly, a hand flying over to grip his arm tightly. "Cron-" She'd whisper between pants, "It- It hurts-" The woman agonizingly whined.

"It's okay." He'd comfort, "You're tough, love. Come on."

"I can't-" She'd quietly cry, squirming as she began loudly sobbing in pain. "It hurts- It hurts..."

Looking down- he'd watch her pale hand slowly push out of his palms. His brows furrowed as he noticed she wasn't moving it- it was... getting longer.

"... Fiesty?" He whispered, concern lacing his expression.