Chapter 17 | She's the Tyrant

April 6th, 2013

April 6th, 2013

(Riot Roi)

A storm was brewing.

Heavy, cold rain smashed against the earth. Angry grey clouds swirled, gnashing their teeth and howling with lightning. 

Two large white paws pounded against the wet earth. Every step made a loud squelch, mud flying as they left clear indents.

Riot had been exploring the forests during a thunderstorm. Her fur, now drenched and weightful, dripped with droplets of rainwater. It was impossible to follow scent trails, and her ears were practically useless with the loud rain and lightning.
She went on a run because she needed to think. It didn't matter if it was storming- she needed to go. While traveling the forest, she remembered her life leading up to this point—her atrocities. 

She was forced into the wild as a white wolf when she was young. She killed rogues for sport.

For years, Riot lived in her bubble. There was no time for morals or ethics- just survival. Either be selfish or die.

But she began to think about those times.

When she ran amock. When she only cared about the present. Now, she could only think about the future without worrying about her next meal.

Riot lept over a log before slowing down in a small mud-covered clearing. She stopped before a large puddle as the rain rolled down her fur.

Looking down reminded her of the day she renamed herself. She could see the scars across her body through the droplets creating ripples in the puddle. She knew she was a powerful wolf- the damage she could cause.
How many lives has Riot taken? Artio whimpered, wishing for her not to think of that, but it was hard not to. It wasn't her right to judge others by taking their lives- Selene took care of that. 

Her eyes widened, a gasp escaping her maws.

She was The Tyrant.

Riot took their gamma's life. She took Cronus' gamma. She's a murderer.

She couldn't believe it. She slept with that man- she kissed him and held him. He never knew what she did to his pack- the pack he was meant to inherit and lead. She mated that man.

Oh, god.

Her rear met the ground. It didn't matter if her pristine fur was covered in mud- it didn't matter if it was raining. The sound around her became fuzzy, Artio's calls going unheard.

All Riot saw was her reflection in the puddle. 

The entire pack was on a man-hunt for this wolf, this Tyrant, who killed their beloved brother. Cronus was scared for her safety- scared this Tyrant would hurt her.

She's a Tyrant.

She's The Tyrant.

Riot felt dizzy. The forest was spinning- the world was collapsing. Was the sky falling? She didn't know. 

"Athena." A voice shocked her out of her state. Her ears rose.

Her wolf sounded pained. Riot could feel her aching pain of anxiety. "Please." Her wolf quietly begged, "He'll understand."

No. He won't. She's a murderer. She can't face him.

Artio screamed at her- begging her- not to leave. She kept telling her that he'd understand. He'd stay, he'd listen, he'd care. Cronus worked too hard to earn her trust and affection- don't throw it in the trash. Don't abandon him.

She had to.

Tears rolled down her wet cheeks, eyes fuzzy and clouded from emotion.

She had to.