41: The beauty of violence P.2 (Tom's POV)

- warning, this chapter includes a very detailed scene of abuse. I'm eventually going to stop doing these warnings, but for now.

'So when you say Milo agreed with Paul, you meant..' Tom said as he took back the cigarette that Shiv had just taken a drag of.

'I meant he agreed with Paul that I'm a whore nowadays,' she replied dryly, blowing out the smoke.

'I mean, you're not, right?' He said, only half joking.
They were sitting next to each other on the ground, their backs against a large wooden crate.

Shiv slapped his chest. 'No, I am not!'

A sharp pain shot through his still healing skin, and he clenched his jaw in order to hide it on the surface. She didn't notice, and kept looking at the clouds that drifted in front of the currently full moon.

He liked the time they spent together in silence. He liked observing her features, seeing her emotions change behind her eyes and the way her body responded to his proximity.
Even during all those hours in the library, he had enjoyed the way she didn't really have a need for talking. He had enough people annoying him on a daily basis, so it was nice that she knew when to be quiet.

'You on the other hand,' she said after a while, obviously referring to Rosalinds comment from earlier.
All the others had left a good 10 minutes ago, but she still had that annoyed tone in her voice that told him her jealousy hadn't completely subsided.
He liked that. It meant that she was starting to develop a certain loyalty to him, even though she might not even know herself how far that extended.

'Hm, you've heard rumors?' He replied as he let the smoke out of his lungs.

Most of the rumors were true. He didn't have any trouble finding a girl when he wanted one. The number of times he had simply handed out a few compliments during a class and ended up with the girl on her knees for him in the empty classroom afterward was up there with that of Anthony and Abraxas.
He always liked them on their knees. It gave him a sense of power and control. It gave him a good view when tears formed in their eyes.

Shiv turned her head sideways to look at him, a small smile on her lips. 'Yeah, but I think we're done debunking rumors for the day,' she sighed. She wrapped her arms around her knees and looked up at the sky again.

Tom chuckled a little, amused by her way with words sometimes. She had always been good at deflecting and changing the subject. A useful skill, probably beaten into her as a child. Whenever he thought about that, he felt a flicker of rage.

'We should start,' he said as he pushed himself off the ground and threw his cigarette over the edge. 'Or have you changed your mind?' He added in an almost mocking tone, yet he still held out a hand for her to hold onto while she got up.

'What exactly do you have in mind for tonight?' Siobhan asked as she patted the dust off her skirt. Some of it fell down on the bare skin between her skirt and socks.

'I'll show you the wand movements, teach you about how to channel all that anger you have inside of you,' he explained in a calm, explanatory manner.

'What will we practice on?' She asked, looking around the room, frowning a little when she saw nothing but them two and a couple of empty wooden crates.

Tom chuckled softly. 'Well, I brought this one,' and he took a small jar out of his pocket that contained a medium sized spider. 'Or do you like spiders? I considered bringing a frog-'

'No, no I couldn't have practiced on a frog,' she said quickly, looking up at him.

'But you can do it to an actual guy?' He asked cynically, thinking of how this was all part of the preparation to get back at Milo.
He had loved to do it himself, for he knew he would go much harsher on the boy than what he was probably going to get from Siobhan. But this was the perfect moment to let her get comfortable with her darker side.