33: Dreams.

Tom lifted her shirt and pulled it over her head in one swift movement. His cold fingers traced her bare skin, and she felt goosebumps rise on her stomach. When she tried to cover herself with the crisp white sheets they were laying on, Tom stopped her attempt. Gently taking her hand in his before pressing his lips against the smooth skin between her breasts. He kept planting small kisses on her chest, moving upwards until he reached her jaw. His hand left hers and found it's way back to her waist, moving down slowly.
Finally, he kissed her. Heat rushed through her body, and she wrapped her hands around his neck, pulling him in closer. She couldn't get enough. She felt his hand travel from her waist to her hips, until he slipped his hand between her thighs with such ease that it left her breathless.

Siobhan woke up drenched in sweat. She sat up quickly, still dazed and confused. Even though it was dark in the dorm, she knew her cheeks were burning red. 'Siobhan Selwyn..' she murmured to herself, and she grabbed her pillow, pressing it against her face hard. Shame rushed through her veins; how could her body and mind betray her like this in her sleep.
Behind the shame was something else, though. Disappointment. Not in herself, but with the unfinished ending of her dream. Her body ached at the sudden emptiness of her bed. Her dream probably wasn't even an actual representation of what it would be like with Tom, which only frustrated her more. She wanted something that didn't even exist.

Shiv let herself fall back down on the mattress and stared up at the ceiling, frustration rushing through her body.
Fuck it, she was already in too deep.
With a small wave of her wand, she closed the curtains around her bed.
A little hesitantly, she allowed her hands to slide under the blanket and beneath the silk fabric of her pajamas. She didn't even try to stop herself from thinking about Tom the entire time.

-

'I assume you've also received an invitation from Slughorn?' Tom asked without looking up at her. He moved a black piece on the chessboard in between them. It was a little past eight that next Monday, and the two of them ended up together in the library.
Tom was waiting for Anthony to finish his transfiguration practice session with Florance. Shiv had been studying a little bit away from those two. Flo had asked her repeatedly to stay close to her during her tutoring sessions with Anthony. 'I don't trust myself around him,' Flo had said. Shiv knew that feeling very well, but she wasn't as strong as her friend. She didn't really try to stop Tom's actions towards her. To the contrary, she caught herself provoking it more and more.

When Tom saw her that night, he joined her table. After a while (and probably because he didn't bring any books to keep himself occupied with) he grabbed a chessboard from a table nearby, and demanded her attention.

'I did. Do you know who the other three are?' Shiv answered, and she narrowed her eyes whilst analyzing the pieces on the board. He was a good player, and she was a bad loser.

The invitation in question was a pretty exciting one.
Slughorn had sent her a beautifully wrapped stack of letters. The first one included an official invitation to join him and 4 other students on a trip to Paris. An old friend of him was presenting his new award winning potion at the world wizarding fair (one that replaced the well-rested feeling of 8 hours of sleep without actually having to). He wanted Slughorn to use it as an opportunity to show some of his most gifted students the broader, international wizarding world.

'I believe it's you, me, Brax, Rome, and one of the Gryffindor guys. Congrats, you're the only girl that made it in,' Tom said a little mockingly. He watched her hand hover above one of her chess pieces. 'Are you going to make a move?'

Shiv rolled her eyes and tried to hide her face from showing relief at the news that Milo wasn't joining them. It was sad he didn't get to go, but it gave her one less thing to worry about.
Reluctantly, she moved one of her last pieces and sat back in her chair.
'At least I get my own room,' she replied to his comment a little late. 'Good luck fighting with the other two about who will join Weasly.'