22: Giving in.

Shiv could barely keep up with Tom's long legs. He was going down the spiral staircase quickly, still dragging her behind him by her wrist. His whole demeanor had changed within seconds. 'Tom-' she tried. He ignored her.
'Tom Riddle!' She hissed as she almost tripped once they left the stairs. She yanked her arm from his grip, and Tom spun around to face her. He looked at her in disbelief, as if she was crazy for questioning his orders.

They stood there, looking at each other in silence for a few seconds. Then, he stepped forward, closing the space between them. Shiv felt goosebumps spread over her skin. Where people like Abraxas and Milo had given her a warm feeling at times, Tom seemed to be radiating cold. He barely blinked as he continued to look down at her.

'What?' She asked, her voice way less fierce than she had hoped.

'Oh come on, you're a smart girl, you can guess.' His tone was dripping in sarcasm.

He was making her nervous, and that made it hard to think.
'You can't possibly be mad about me having fun with Abraxas,' she said, not sure if that was actually the reason for his anger.

'I don't like sharing, Siobhan.' He replied simply, still keeping his eyes locked on hers.

Shiv scoffed. 'Sharing? I'm not some fucking possession Tom. I help you with your cause because my father will beat the shit out of me if I don't. Don't confuse that with any sort of admiration for you or your little mission.'
It felt good to finally snap back. He had been delegating her around these last few weeks like she was one of his followers, and she had enough.

Tom laughed a humorless laugh. 'I don't need the threat of your dad's violence to make you want me.'

His words echoed in her mind. She wanted to disagree, but found herself unable. Her curiosity had definitely gotten the best of her. Every time he had touched her, she had been left wondering and craving more.
Right now, she felt his hot breath on her cheeks as he refused to back away from her.
She didn't want to give in. She couldn't. Florance was right, Tom was legitimately insane.

'All the things I've done for you have been purely egotistical. I see you as my possible ticket out of here. You're so arrogant, it's almost unbelievable. Not everybody falls to their knees as soon as you walk through the door, Riddle,' she bit back.

Tom grinned. 'Not yet.'

Siobhan let out a sigh of frustration and stepped back, creating more space between them. She had to leave, she didn't trust herself around him. He triggered that never-ending curiosity inside her. That need to know what it would be like.

'Whatever, Tom, this sounds like a you problem,' Shiv faked a tone of finality. She turned around and set off towards the dark hallway that would lead her back to her common room.

She hated herself for listening intently if his footsteps would follow her. They did.

His hand clasped around her shoulder and she was pulled back forcefully. Her body stumbled into his chest, and he grabbed her waist tightly in order for her to remain on her feet. Her fingers were tightly clutching the fabric of his sweater.
Shiv could feel her heartbeat in her throat. She wanted him to do something, something big. But at the same time, she knew that if he did, she wouldn't be able to hold herself back anymore.

Tom grabbed her chin lightly and forced her eyes to meet his. Shiv could hear her own quick breathing. She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it again. She wouldn't know what to say anyway.

Tom spoke instead. 'This is going to be your mistake to make, Siobhan.'

His voice was barely more than a whisper, but calculated. His eyes were still locked on hers. Even though they were standing in almost complete darkness, she noticed a few golden spots in his dark hazel eyes. She tried really hard not to tremble.