THREE

Not edited-enjoy😍.

Snethemba had laid up all night thinking about him. It was her first time falling in love so fast. It actually scared her that she was already falling in love with him. Phela after her ex who had cheated on her several times she had build up walls and Nkosiyabo was slowly but surely breaking them down and she liked it. She had tried to put on this "I'm single and I'm happy act" but deep down she was just a softie who needed a kind, gentle and loving man. And Nkosiyabo could be that. Hell, he could be that and more. But it was just too good to be true.
__

Snethemba woke up from her dreams of Nkosiyabo, did her hygiene process and wore her work scrubs with black takkies. She decided to let down her shoulder length 'relaxed-turning into afro' hair today. She made sure that her room was today before walking to the living room where Nandipha was, packing her bags. "Oh wow, you are up early!" Said Nandipha as she sees her sister walk to their small kitchen. Sne chuckled and told Nandi that she just felt like waking up early. She took out bread and made sandwiches, after that she packed it up neatly and gave her sister lunch too. "Ayibo where is my big sis and what did you do to her?" Nandipha says as Snethemba hands her a R100 and her lunch. "Enjoy it while it lasts Sana!" Snethemba says and they took burst into fits of laughter. They say their goodbyes to each other and go their separate ways. It was 7:45am when Snethemba set off.
--
"Good morning Dr Govender, Good morning Mrs La Del" greets Sne as she gets into the hospital lift. She used to hate them so much because they gossiped about her and made some rumours, very childish even though they were seniors and about to retire. They both looked very shocked and surprised that Snethemba was greeting them- and for once she was on time! "Why, good morning Miss Bhengu" replied Mrs La Del. Dr Govender was still very speechless. Sne smiled back in response. The lift opens a few minutes later and Sne walks out happily, carrying her work bag and lunch bag. "What's going on with her?" Asks Dr Govender when Sne was out of hearsay. "I don't know" says Mrs La Del. "but I like it"
--
Sne finshied up her rounds when she was suddenly called by her work phone. "Nurse Snethemba Bhengu how may I help you?" She voiced out. "We need extra help on deck, the ambulance came with 15 injured people. 5 of them are elderly" a panicked voice says. "On it" Sne says quickly and hangs up. And she runs out to the front of the hospital. This is why Snethemba choose to be a nurse. The adrenaline and rush makes her feel good in a way and she also enjoyes helping people.

She was writing down her patients details when some guy came running into the room with a few security men chasing him. She looked up to see who it was- the one and only, Nkosiyabo! Her heart beats five times faster. He looked handsome wearing a black tracksuit and Nike shoes. He went to the side of the patient and held their hand. "Nkosiyabo" she voiced out when she finally found the words. He looked at her for a brief second then focused back onto the patient which was a very old granny. Her name was Ntombizodwa Zulu, probably his grandmother. "Nkosiyabo!" Screams a man who runs into the room. Nkosiyabo was now on his knees and looked like he was crying. "I'm going to need you to leave the room kancane, the patient must not be disturbed" Sne tries to be professional even though it's her'man'. The man who ran in comes to see. "Sawubona ntokazi. Igama uMhlengi" he says then offers to shake her hand. "Sizohamba manje" he adds when he realises that she is not interested, she was staring at Nkosiyabo. Sne nods respectfully then walks towards Nkosi. She tries to comfort him by putting her arms over his shoulders. He first tensed at her touch but slowly, he started to relax. " I need you to leave Mageba, for a few minutes" she whispers softly. "You and I both will get into trouble if you stay any longer, but I will tell you when you can visit" he nods but still stays in his crouched position. Mhlengi was looking at them in astonishment. He wanted Snethemba for himself but he was happy for his older brother. Sne did not deserve to be played and hurt, she was far too beautiful for that. "Asihambe Mageba" she says in a commanding but gentle voice. Nkosiyabo nods and gets up from his crouched position. He wipes his tears and holds Sne's hands who leads them out of the room. "I'll take him home nkosazana" Mhlengi says as they reach the front of the building. She nods and Mhlengi leaves to give them space. "Are you okay?" quizzes And. He nods. Nkosiyabo was still holding her soft and gentle hands which seemed to calm him down. "Are you sure sthandwa sami" she asks, her voice filled with worry."yeah Ill be fine, I'll come see you later" he reassures her, his voice sounding like a shattered mirror- broken and miserable. Although he was not okay, he still looked as handsome as ever. "She will be okay Nkosiyabo, I'll take care of her, don't worry" Sne says while dusting his shoulder that had somehow gotten dust on them. Nkosiyabo gives her a small smile showing his single dimple. Sne gives his a kiss on the cheek then they share a very emotional hug, with Nkosiyabo sniffing abit. Finally after a few minutes, Nkosiyabo walks towards Mhlengi's black Audi A6.
____
Heyy! I know I haven't been posting, school has me in chokehold😭 but anywayyy

What do you think about Mhlengi's character? Do you think Nkosiyabo was being dramatic? Comment all thoughts down, I do read em.