𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡
𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝟣𝟤𝗍𝗁 𝗈𝖿 𝗈𝖼𝗍𝗈𝖻𝖾𝗋, 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟣

The scavenging group had split. Mack and the kids were searching through the fuel station for any and everything, the Adler girl leading them up to the roof, while the men circled the perimeter for anything. With a defeated sigh, Mack took a seat on the roof with Dakota and Sophia for a moment, basking in the early afternoon sun.

"That horde," Mack stated out of the blue, "We travelled one point two miles back towards it and put its speed at a mile an hour. We've been gone for nearly five hours. It should be on top of us by now," she whispered as she pulled her semi-auto rifle from her chest and looked through the scope for any sign of the crawlers.

Dakota and Sophia were about to stand to look over the edge of the roof when Mack suddenly pulled them down to the ground harshly, cushioning their fall with her body. She shushed them quietly as gunshots rang out from below.

"Well ain't this a pretty pity party boys," snarled an unfamiliar voice, sending shivers down the spines of the two younger kids that Mack held closely to her chest.

"Shh, you're okay," Mack assured them with quiet whispers.

"What do you want?" Rick asked the men.

"What do you have to offer?" a different stranger interrogated, "Food? Water? Women?"

"How about we go our separate ways," Rick negotiated.

"How about I kill the Asian?" the original stranger retorted.

"They're going to kill them," Dakota whimpered into her chest and Mack wanted to cry at the position she was put in.

'Where's the horde?' she asked herself.

"This way," she instructed as she crawled towards some crates and tarps in the corner of the roof, "Get under, go," she rushed.

"What are you doing?" Sophia whimpered in fear as she noticed Mack begin to cover their entrance with a tarp, not entering with them.

Mack gave them a small smile as she closed over the tarp, "The best I can."

"The right thing," Dakota whispered, "She's doing the right thing."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞
𝟪𝗍𝗁 𝗈𝖿 𝗈𝖼𝗍𝗈𝖻𝖾𝗋, 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟣