𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗋𝖾𝗌𝖼𝗎𝖾 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗅

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝗋𝖾𝗌𝖼𝗎𝖾 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗅

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝟧𝗍𝗁 𝗈𝖿 𝗈𝖼𝗍𝗈𝖻𝖾𝗋, 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟣
𝗅𝗈𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇: 𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗎𝗌

After ensuring the Ringleader's son was safely over the fence, opening the door to the train car was like being gifted peace of mind as the youngest two of the Adler siblings jumped into Mack's arms while Dakota ran to her side, taking the knife from her front pocket and killing the crawler behind her.

"Hop on my back," Mack whispered to Payton, keeping Avery in her arm and her chain whip at the ready, "We gotta get to that gate, there's a boy on the other side waiting for us," she quickly told Dakota as she whipped a few crawlers with her chain, clearing a path for them.

Within two minutes of battling the crawlers that tried to corner them, Mackenzie was jumping over the fence after lowering the two other kids into the arms of the teenage boys. As crawlers bashed against the gate between them, Mack dug through her bag for her emergency weapon –a grenade– and pulled the pin, throwing it hard and far, back towards the Terminus Sanctuary building and blocking the younger kids' ears with her hands, against her chest as she crouched to their level.

The four siblings hugged each other tightly, the eldest holing out an arm for the Ringleader's son, as the crawlers backed away from the fence and approached the building again, far away from them.

One thing was for sure, that was the rescue mission from hell.

"I'm Mackenzie," she told the unknown boy as he joined the small group hug, revelling in the offered comfort ensuring him that he was still breathing thanks to a stranger, "And these are my younger siblings; Dakota," she gestured to the blonde boy who was slightly taller than the Ringleader's son, "That's Payton," she pointed down to the little blonde girl who's arms were wrapped around her torso, "And this," she gestured with her head to the two-year-old brunette in her arm, "Is Avery."

"I'm Carl," the boy introduced, flicking his sheriff's hat up slightly so he could look up at the taller girl, "Thanks for saving me back there."

"Don't sweat it, kid," she waved off the gratitude, unsure if she was really deserving of it, "Let's get you back to your dad, yeah?"

"Yeah," Carl nodded in agreement, handing the full gun and empty clips to Dakota while he grasped the axe in his hand tightly.

"You have a dad?" Payton asked excitedly, gripping tightly to Mackenzie's belt loop as they all began walking side by side, around the perimeter of the overrun sanctuary, "That's so cool," she rambled, "I don't have a dad. We don't have any parents, actually. Well, we have Kenzie, she's like our mum and dad, but she's also a big sister. I call her 'mum' sometimes though," the small blonde rated, holding out her spare hand to the boy in the sheriff's hat, who quickly held her hand to make her happy.