𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘𝖿𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗃𝗎𝗆𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗌 & 𝗌𝖾𝗆𝗂-𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗈 𝗋𝗂𝖿𝗅𝖾𝗌

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝖿𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗃𝗎𝗆𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗌 & 𝗌𝖾𝗆𝗂-𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗈 𝗋𝗂𝖿𝗅𝖾𝗌

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝟧𝗍𝗁 𝗈𝖿 𝗈𝖼𝗍𝗈𝖻𝖾𝗋, 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟣
𝗅𝗈𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇: 𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗎𝗌

Although clouds covered the sky, the residents below were sweating up a storm. Their surroundings were void of sound besides the crunching of leaves and rubble from the younger survivor's feet. The eldest lugged around a large bag on her back, along with countless weapons she'd taught herself to use. Attached to her chest were two babies; the youngest in a carrier and the second in her arm, while her free arm held her machete, ready to strike at any given moment.

Two kids walked by the older girl's side, each clutching to their weapon of choice; the younger of the two with a baseball bat and the other with a balisong. The small group were on a mission to retrieve their companions from the clutches of cannibals, taken within the half-hour it took for the two teen girls, walking beside the elder girl, to bathe in the small lake they'd found near their hideout.

"Mack," the young voice of Taylor Adler called to her big sister from by her side, "How are you going to fight them all by yourself?"

"I'd like to know too," the small voice of Sophia Peletier, a girl they'd found along the way, added as she took quick steps to catch up with the long angry strides of her saviour.

Mackenzie Adler gave them a reassuring grin as they approached the abandoned double storey house just off the train tracks. Mack struggled to carry both her son; Tristin Adler, and the unnamed baby girl she'd rescued from an overrun prison. Mack's youngest sister, Payton, decided they should call her baby bug just a few days ago, a couple of days before she was captured with her brothers; Dakota and Avery.

"The same way I've fought myself out of situations before, love bugs," Mackenzie responded with a stern voice, despite the loving behind it as she addressed her children, "I'm going to make sure you're safe, leave you guys with enough rations and baby food for three days, then get our family back."

"You don't have a plan of attack, do you?" Taylor slightly teased, trying to lighten up the situation slightly with the fact that the smartest person she knows is yet to come up with an organised attack plan yet.

"What if something happens to you?" Sophia's worry dampened the mood Taylor futilely tried to set, although it was an extremely valid concern.

Pausing in front of the abandoned house, Mack sighed as she took a seat on the porch steps, placing a child on each leg as the girls sat a step below her, looking up to her for answers. Glancing between her sister by blood and the girl she'd deemed her sister by chance, Mackenzie struggled to come up with something to say before settling on a memory.