21

As Carina walked to the garden, Simon called after her, "Miss Bridgerton

As Carina walked to the garden, Simon called after her, "Miss Bridgerton. Miss Bridgerton. Miss Bridgerton!"
Carina ignored Simon's pleas and just walked, forcing him to follow her, "Come back to the party. Stop walking!" He said.
"Stop following me." Was Carina's only words of retaliation.
"It is not safe out here. I forbid you to go any further." He said and oh lords did that anger her. That stupid man with his stupid brown eyes which seemed sincere when he apologised, had no right to order her around.
"You cannot tell me what to do. You are not my husband!" She shouted at him.
"Carina...Will you not listen?" He asked as he finally caught up to her.

Catching her by the elbow, he swiftly turned her around and as his eyes met her blue ones, all he wanted to do was to kiss her, hold her tight and never let go. Not again, not after the prospect of not being by her side made him lose his mind, made him not want to live at all.
And so he did.
He kissed her. He kissed her and it was all his wildest dreams come true. He kissed her and he never wanted to stop. He kissed her and he was enchanted, if he wasn't already.
Breaking apart, he searched her face, for any reaction, for a flicker of the thoughts running through her mind. Not finding any, his heart sank, realising what he did, "My most sincere apologies. I..." he did not have any words.

Only, he did not need any words. Carina stopped any words he might have stuttered out by pressing her lips to his.
He deepened the kiss, his one hand tangled in her hair as he tugged her closer to him by the other. Her hands latched onto his shoulders to maintain her balance as Simon's hand began exploring the dips and curves of her body and her knees gave out.
Simon's mouth left her lips, leaving her chasing his mouth, desperate for more, when he dipped his head and began prepping kisses on her neck.

His one hand held the nape of her neck as his other hand rose to feel her breasts, all the while he was sucking, nibbling, leaving open mouthed kisses on her neck. Carina damn well lost her mind when she suddenly heard her brother exclaim,
"Bastard!"
Before she could realise, Anthony had ripped them apart from one another and climbed on top of Simon, punching him, before Carina stopped him and pulled him back "Anthony!"

"You will marry her." He declares.
"What?" Carina utters, shocked beyond belief.
"Immediately. We can only hope no one saw you take such liberties, and my sister is saved further mortification. You will marry her!" He shouts.
"Brother! No!" Carina says, trying to make him see sense.

Anthony paid her no mind, looking at Simon for his response. As Simon began to answer, Carina saw him hesitating, "I... of cou-"
Carina's heart broke. She had thought that maybe, Simon had also felt something for her, or else why would he kiss her? And to save face and heartbreak, she cut him off before he could finish what he was saying, "No. Anthony I will not marry him just because you made me!"
"What?" Simon whispered, seemingly confused and heartbroken. What made him heartbroken? It was Carina who suffered, not him.
"I will not force her to marry me Anthony." He finally says.
"You have defiled her innocence, and now you refuse her hand? I knew you were a rake, Hastings, never thought a villain." Anthony seethes.