06

Dearest reader, this author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news

Dearest reader,
this author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news. It seems our rare 'Royal Jewel' requires a closer inspection. As such, an even rarer jewel of only the most remarkable brilliance, fire, and luster has been unearthed. Her name, unknown to most, yet soon known to all, is Miss Marina Thompson. This author is left to wonder whether Her Majesty might reconsider the high praise she once afforded Miss Bridgerton... for we all must know what the queen despises more than anything... Being wrong.

Our diamond on the other hand, surely is one of a kind. Unlike her sister, Miss Daphne Bridgerton has caught the eye of nearly every eligible gentleman of the ton, for her house was swarmed with callers from all over, with flowers and chocolates and the rarest of gifts. This author just wishes Miss Daphne a good life full of bliss and is hoping a marriage before the end of the season.

And the drawing room at Bridgerton House for Miss Carina Bridgerton, currently appears to be emptier than the muddled head of her dearest King George. It follows that Lady Featheringtonis to receive what she has always desired: one of the season's true Incomparable living under her own roof. She must be overjoyed.

"Has anyone else read what Lady Whistledown has written of late?" questions Eloise,
"Should anyone pay any heed to what Lady Whistledown writes of late? I certainly do not." Says Hyacinth, rather haughtily.

"Mama, perhaps we might attend the upcoming Salisbury ball by ourselves and the Merriweather tea too. If this goes on, Carina shall never find a suitor." says Daphne, worriedly.
"I believe that Anthony has already replied on our behalf, dearest. Apparently, he has managed our social calendar through June.", replies Violet.

"He'll be there for the entire season?", questions Daphne dumbfounded.
"I do not think he liked the Viscount very much mama, he shall never let us court then. Also, shall Carina never find a suitor mama?"
"Lady Whistledown has made her opinion of our dear sister's fortunes quite clear." says Eloise in dismay about the slander Carina is facing.

"Oh, enough about Lady Whistledown." Says Carina with a tired sigh, not fond of the idea of having callers anyway."A caller for Miss Carina Bridgerton."
"Oh!", her mama jumps up, while her sisters straighten up, "What? This was not supposed to happen!" whisper shouts Carina while her mother shushes her.

"The Lord Berbrooke." Upon witness him walk in, everyone deflates, even Daphne, who had requested her callers for some time to rest after being swarmed the entire day.

"Lord Berbrooke." her mama fake smiles and caters to him out of politeness.
"Um... Uh... Come in! May I help you to some freshly prepared biscuits? Eloise, allow some room for his lordship, will you?" she says, and in answer, Eloise only ignores her and shifts closer to Carina, who has a rather strong hold on her younger sister's hand.

"Eloise, are you not due for a visit with Penelope this morning?"
"I believe I should like to stay." says Eloise, not wanting to leave Carina with the undesirable man, "I believe you should like to go." warns Violet and Eloise reluctantly leaves, giving Carina an apologetic smile.