Chapter Thirty-Three - Rise To Power

"That's our target. As soon as it docks, we go,", Keith peered down at his screen as Ilun explained the mission to him, mask covering his face. He gave a nod, and so it began.

He watched closely as some Galra sentries strolled past, trollies in tow, walking down the long, dimly lit corridor. Once the coast was clear, he and his teammates pounced down from their hiding space on the ceiling, steadying themselves and glancing around before making their way to their destination.

When the large, double doors opened, they stood in height order, looking warily at what lay before them.

"Are you sure this is going to work?", Ilun questioned the ravenette.

"Trust me,"

---

Once the boxes had been carried into the ship, and the echo of the doors slamming shut had faded, Keith hastily slashed his way out of the supply box he had hidden himself in, gripping the top as he hoisted himself to his feet, his companions doing the same.

"Good tip, earthling,", Ilun commended, giving him a slight nod of approval. But they weren't out of the woods just yet. Clinks of a gun behind them grabbed their attention. The three drew their weapons, spinning around to see a Galra holding his gun up at them.

No movements were made for a moment as he analysed the three figures dressed in black, assessing whether they were a threat or not. Finally, his yellow eyes flashed in recognition, and he lowered his weapon.

"Follow me,", he marched them away, the trio charging into the small space just before the doors slid closed, then turned to face the Galran man. "This shaft will take you directly above the bridge,"

"Thank you, brother,", Ilun replied.

"The archivist is taking too long to start the ceremony,", a voice just beyond the doors commented, drawing the attention of a certain hothead.

"The archivist?", he repeated curiously, raising a brow beneath his mask.

"Hurry,", his question remained unanswered for the time being as the Galran ushered them to move, the three of them using the walls to get them into the vents of the ship, crawling away from the room with as much stealth as possible to not draw attention to themselves.

"If he waits much longer, the Empire will descend into chaos,", another voice, closer this time, added, but they were too focused to hear much else. They'd left the Galran who'd aided them in the room, awaiting these unknown figures as they gently closed the hatch behind them.

Now, they were in.

---

"I'm telling you, Branko's wanton attack was only the beginning,", Lotor insisted. With the attack now cleaned up, and with Olkarion on the mend, the paladins had gathered in the control room, ready to interrogate their Prince prisoner and dig deeper, hoping he'd have more of an idea of what was going on. As much as you hated to admit it, he'd know the Galra tactics more than anyone here, so you begrudgingly turned up to the meeting. "Without an Emperor, more and more high-ranking officials will start lashing out and consolidating their power at the Kral Zera,"

"Uh, just going to jump in here,", Hunk interrupted, hand on his hip as he held up a finger, telling Lotor to be quiet. "What exactly is the Kral Zera?", he moved his hands into a praying notion, tapping his fingers together. "Is there food there? It sounds awful fancy,"

"It's the coronation ceremony for a new Emperor or Empress,", the purple-skinned male explained. "It is held on one of the first planets that we, the Galra, conquered. Planet Feyiv: a sacred land,"

"Okay, so who will be at this Kral Zera?", Shiro asked. Turning on his heel, Lotor smirked, sending you a wink as you came into his line of sight, then turned towards the computer. Under your breath, you gagged, hands clenched into fists as you watched him cautiously. You'd be having a little chat with him after this meeting.