Mother's Day Special

A/N: Hey reader, I hope you're doing well!! This links to this book, but can be read as a standalone type of thing, so enjoy either way!! And happy mother's day (even if it's only mother's day in the UK tomorrow)!! Hope you're all having a good day/night!! - Gracie

---

You awoke early on the ship, the quiet whines of your baby pulling you from your slumber. With a small yawn, you stood from the bed, stretching a bit, and then made your way over to the five-month-old, scooping him up into your arms and bouncing him gently, pacing around the room until he started to settle.

"There we go, Isiah. You hungry?", you cooed, smoothing his hair back as he gazed up at you, golden irises scanning intently over your features. Giggling at his curiosity, you prepared yourself to feed him, sitting down on your bed and resting him on one arm, allowing him to latch on while you held a book in the other hand, reading a chapter or so until he was done. Then, you pulled your shirt back down, beginning to burp him.

"How about we go and see uncle Hunk, huh? I'm sure he'll be in the kitchen,", you reasoned, slipping your slippers on and pattering through the corridors, mindlessly chatting to your baby, his small hands grabbing at your hair once in a while after he was finished being burped. You glanced down at him, smiling to yourself upon seeing him so content. He had been restless recently, Keith being at the Blade having affected the infant.

Finally entering the kitchen, you headed straight for the cupboard, grabbing a glass and filling it with water before taking a sip and placing it down on the counter. Then, you scanned the room, realising you had yet to cross the path of any paladin. Brows furrowed, you continued with your task: finding something to snack on.

You scoured the cupboards, rummaging through the Altean fridge, but found nothing. With a huff, you walked out of the kitchen and back to your room, instead deciding on getting yourself and Isiah ready for the day. After placing him into his crib, your hands moved to the drawers, picking out a little onesie and placing it on the side, then choosing some jeans and a top, quickly changing yourself before walking over to the crib.

"Come on, bub. Let's sort you out, yeah?", you hummed, lifting him up in the air, making him gurgle happily. "Oh, you definitely need a change,", blowing a raspberry, you held him still on the changing table with one hand, leaning over and seizing a diaper and some wipes, humming a little tune to entertain Isiah as you changed him. "Almost done... there we go! All done!", placing a kiss on his nose, you disposed of the dirty items, using a wipe to clean your hands before strapping him to your chest so that you could wash them properly.

"y/n, come here!", a voice hollered from inside your room, making you jump. Wide-eyed, you peered out of the bathroom, relaxing upon seeing it was only Lance, flashing his pearly whites as he grinned, a hand on his hips. Returning the smile, you left the bathroom and moved closer to him.

"Everything alright?", you questioned, pushing your hair back.

"Yep, just perfect!", he chirped. "Follow me,", he grasped your hand and pulled you out of the room, dragging you eagerly down the corridor as you followed, asking where he was taking you. "It's a secret. You'll love it, I promise,", with an eye roll, you reluctantly allowed him to take Isiah from your arms before opening the doors to the living room.

"Lance, I swear, what are you doing?", you mumbled, raising an eyebrow. With a small shrug, he allowed you to look around the room. You scanned the room curiously, trying to figure out why he had insisted on bringing you here, and then you clocked it. A small gasp escaped your lips as your e/c eyes fell on a familiar figure, his overgrown ravenette hair perfectly framing his pale-skinned face as he looked up at you with a grin.