Chapter Nineteen - The Greatest Loss

3rd P.O.V

Seeing such a big ship in front of them was overwhelming, to say the least. Though Voltron was a powerful force, they had nothing on the Galrans, if you put into account the sheer size of the thing they were about to take down and compared it to them. Yet, they stood defiantly, pushed forward by the mission they had to do this, not just for them, but for every life form possible.

"We gotta act fast. The power will only be down for twenty minutes,", Shiro started, glancing at the stats his lion was showing him. "The Blade of Marmora's schematics showed four targets we need to hit. The weapon systems, the engines, the bridge, and the shield generators. Now let's put an end to all Zarkon, once and for all,"

"Yeah!", motivated cheers erupted from the other four paladins, Shiro's speech having hyped them up and helped them to prepare for what was to come. A hefty breath was drawn in by each paladin as they readied themselves for battle.

"Form sword!", they did as told and began flying forward, ready to take the Galran that had made everyone's lives hell for the past ten thousand years. They certainly had something to push them forward and into this, that's for sure. The sword dragged along the sides of the ship as they flew upwards, a flaming orange line of fire being left in the dust behind them. A chorus of explosions erupted from the wreckage, and it was as if a flood of adrenaline was fuelling them as they continued their attack.

"Hit the engine systems!", they did so in lightning speed, only giving them a quick breather before they darted back towards the mother ship. One mighty swing of the sword and a crater was formed from the impact, a chain effect of explosions spreading fast around it.

---

The sight of such chaos gave you a feeling of accomplishment as you sat in the castle, accompanied by Coran, a half-awake Allura and some Blade members, but you knew that the damage they had caused could hurt them at any given moment, were the plan to fail. Kneeling beside the two Alteans, a small smile made its way onto your lips, and you found yourself glancing at Keith's usual seat, though you soon remembered he wasn't there.

"We've done it. This is the end of Zarkon's reign,", Allura gasped, still weak but keeping it together. Coran looked down at her briefly, a small, toothless smile gracing his lips as he looked back up.

"Yes, princess,", he replied quietly. You raised your head, looking away from the two, and watched as the paladins continued their attack on the main ship. Something about watching the downfall of the Galran who had brought the universe so much hell was amazing, though strange to some. Why you might ask? This fight symbolised the end of suffering for all species, and it also brought you the hope that your assaulter was on that ship, suffering for his actions. And, though Keith would never admit it, he did, too.

---

The paladins, now having caused a fair bit of damage, decided to move away from the main destruction site to generate enough laser power to hit the ship. Their laser glided through the metal effortlessly, making the job much easier for them when they returned to a more hands-on approach, using the blades once again to cut through the sides of the ship.

"Stay focused. We've neutralised the engines. Let's target the bridge,", Shiro informed, flying them away from the rubble and towards their next target. They entered the bridge area, but something felt off. Within seconds of entering the trio of pillars that the ship possessed, a purple hole, pulsing with energy, had opened behind them.

"What is that?", Lance questioned as they turned, noticing the flash of light the strange phenomenon had caused. Though scary up close, the sight of such an unexpected thing forming was equally as threatening from the confines of the castle, the newest development raising the eyebrows of more than a few eyebrows.