Christmas Special

A/N: Hey reader! Just before we get started, I just wanted to let you know that this is separate from the main plot of the story, and is just a one-shot that I thought I would write in honour of Christmas/the holidays, meaning it will also be posted in my side book of one-shots about Keith Kogane. Feel free to skip past it if you don't want to read it, but if you do decide to read on, I hope you enjoy it, and I hope you're having a nice holiday and happy new year! - Gracie

___________________________________________________________________________

"Keith, wake up!", you whispered, shaking your boyfriend's shoulders gently. The mullet head groaned, rolling over and burying his head into your stomach and making you laugh. "Come on, babe. It's Christmas. Please get up?", as if having a realisation of sorts, he shot up, looking at you with a childish gleam in his eyes.

"Wait, it's Christmas?", the boy said in awe, a wide grin breaking onto his usually expressionless features.

"Yes, really, silly! Now, will you please get up? Lance has been popping his head in every five minutes waiting for me to wake you up,", he pouts as you get off of the bed, holding his hands in yours and attempting to pull him up. "Keith, I can't pull you up, my arms don't work normally this early,", he chuckles and stands up, your conjoined hands meaning he was now chest to chest with you, his neck craning down to look at you.

"Is that better, love?", he muttered, watching as you blushed and turned your head to the side, attempting to hide your heated cheeks. Flustered, you hardly noticed as Keith slipped one of his hands from yours, moving it to your face as he turned your head back towards him, violet eyes gazing at you lovingly. "You look adorable when you blush, you know?"

"Whatever,", you stuttered out, a playful scowl on your face as you finally composed yourself. "You don't look too bad yourself when you're flustered, you little hothead,", you smirked to yourself at the use of the nickname Lance had given him as you slipped out of his grip, knowing that will have wiped the smug attitude right away from him.

"Hey! y/nnnn, you know I don't like that,", you heard him whine behind you, dragging out your name as he did. Laughing, you opened the door of your room and walked out, gasping as you were picked up and hugged tightly by a certain blue-eyed Cuban boy.

"y/n, finally! It's Christmas!", he cheered after finally lowering you onto the ground, though he kept his hands on your shoulders as he smiled eagerly, bouncing up and down slightly out of keenness. His blue eyes darted behind you for a moment before he spoke again. "Oh, morning Keith! You finally decided to wake up? Merry Christmas, man,"

"Morning, Lance. And merry Christmas to you, too,", the small encounter between your boyfriend and best friend made you smile, and the three of you soon started to walk down the corridor together, you in between the two polar opposite boys, Keith's arm slung lazily over your shoulder as you conversed with Lance, the ravenette still needing a little bit of time to fully wake up.

"Is anyone else up yet?", you questioned the brunette, making him nod rapidly and grab your hand, dragging the two of you along. Keith grumbled at the sight of your linked hands, but didn't have time to say anything as you grabbed his hand in your free one, giggling. "Come on, Keith! I wanna try some of Hunk's Christmas cooking!"

"You're way too hyper, darling,", he shook his head, but nevertheless allowed you to drag I'm into the main room, where you were greeted with the sight of everyone - Hunk, Pidge, Shiro, Coran, Allura, and even the mice - sat on the sofas, a bright atmosphere filling the room as they all greeted the trio.

"Morning guys! Merry Chirstmas!", Hunk chirped, standing up to give each of you a hug. Each of you, even Keith, accepted the hug from the oh so loveable boy, though you were surprised when he handed all of you a present and ushered you to sit down and open them.

Keith took the empty seat beside Shiro, hugging his brother figure before settling back into the sofa. You sat in the seat next to him, Lance choosing to reside next to you, resting his arm on your shoulder. The morning flew by peacefully, everyone exchanging gifts and enjoying the food Hunk had taken time to cook for the group. By the time 9am had rolled around, everyone had settled into their own individual activities, you deciding to stick with Keith while Lance went off with Pidge and Hunk to play video games.

"Hey, babe?", you hummed in response, looking up from the copy of your favourite book Pidge had somehow managed to get for you. Looking down shyly, he passed you a small, long box, making you raise your eyebrows in confusion. "Just open it, please,", he ushered.

"Okay..?", you replied, though it was more of a question than anything. Opening the box, you were met with a satin red eye mask, a small note laying atop of it that said, 'Merry Christmas, love. Put this on - Love, Keith x'. "You want me to put it on now? Why?"

"I do, and you'll just have to wait and see, n/n,", he smirked, grabbing the eye mask and slipping it over your e/c orbs carefully. Then, taking your hands in his, he pulled you to your feet, guiding you through the corridors, to what you could only assume was a surprise.

"Are we almost there?", you asked, now growing slightly nervous as to where he could be taking you. He didn't reply, but the two of you came to a stop as you heard some form of door opening, then you were pulled forward a little more before he held your shoulders.

"You can take the blindfold off now,", he whispered, breath fanning onto your neck.

Attempting not to let his close proximity fluster you, you pulled the blindfold off, a small gasp escaping your lips as you looked around the room. Your eyes scanned the familiar scene with shock, tears threatening to fall as you looked at Keith.

"It- it's beautiful. How did you do all of this?", he stepped forward, thumb reaching to brush a stray tear from under your eyes as he smiled.

"With a hell of a lot of help from Pidge, that's how,", he chuckled, causing you, too, to laugh before turning around and scanning the room once again. In front of you was a winter wonderland sort of scene; Christmas trees, snow, snowmen littered around, and the illusion of delicate snowflakes falling gracefully from the sky. Essentially, a Christmas you hadn't seen in a while.

"How did you know what to do?", you finally spoke, feeling confident that your voice wouldn't crack.

"Lance told me how much you had wanted a Christmas like this since we left Earth. So I wanted to bring that homeliness to you,", he admitted, coming up behind you and wrapping his arms around your waist. "I take it you like it?"

"I love it, Keith. Thank you so much, I love you,", swivelling around in his arms, you pressed your lips to his, capturing them in a short but sweet kiss before you rested your foreheads together. Just as he went to say something, a soft melody began to play in the background.

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,

Just like the ones I used to know."

"Who's playing that?", he questioned, looking around. You joined him in the action, quickly spotting Lance in the corner, a goofy grin on his face as he held Pidge's computer.

"It's Lance,", you snickered, grabbing his hands and beginning to sway. "Dance with me?"

"Of course, love,", and so, you danced around the room, relishing in the sweet moment between the two of you. And, in that short time, it was as if all your worries disappeared, the only two in the universe being you and Keith as you held each other close.