Chapter Twenty-One - Denial

3rd P.O.V

Imagine this: a normal planet, with kids playing and laughing, and people working together. The hope of Voltron was widespread in such a place as this, with drawings littering walls hidden deep within the alleyways, on the side of buildings. Everything seemed peaceful... until it wasn't.

Abrupt as it was, a dark shadow began to consume the village, and a collective sense of dread filled the air upon the realisation that it was no cloud causing this shade, but a ship. Adorned with purple and orange, the vessel was of medium size, yet it brought a tremendous rush of panic, more than anyone had felt since Zarkon.

"We're under attack! To battle stations!", a man shouted to the crowd. Elsewhere on the ship, a group of four stood defiantly before the open hatch, only moving when being signalled to. A large, muscly female was the first to jump, followed by a hooded female with some form of a cat perched on her shoulder, and the final two - a helmeted woman, the other smirking - jumped together, the four elegantly plummetting to the ground. Each landed separately, though not too far apart.

"Ezor, find the leader. Narti, Zethrid, take prisoners. Kill no one,", the helmeted female ordered. The other three did not respond verbally but instead understood their task, leaping with ease from the higher ground they were on and running in separate directions, much as animals would stalk their prey.

Though, the girl in the helmet had no time to move as lasers began being fired, narrowly missing her head and earning a grunt from the female. With a glance to the side, a group of four males firing guns quickly caught her attention, and her reflexes kicked into gear. Effortless as it was, she pushed off of the wall and dodged the beams, landing in a crouched position and sprinting off, firing blasts back at the five and jumping over them.

Taking advantage of the state of shock they were paralysed in, the woman in the helmet snatched the weapons from their hands and planted them in the desert-like ground, then moved backwards and pressed a button on her wrist and watched as her enemies grew sheathed in a purple, honeycombed hexagon.

Her teammate - the female with the hound - walked along the street, her partner in crime following on a wall above. Three Puigians, perched atop a building, noticed her coming and sought out cover behind the slightly overlapping wall. Though there was something unusual, they noticed, about this girl; she had no eyes, yet it was as if her looks bore into them.

For a second, if they had looked close enough, they would've seen a pulse of light radiate from the female as she turned her head in the direction of her furry friend, who quickly turned its head towards the Puigians and gave her a birdseye view of the two, allowing her to see as they shared a nod, and one of them held the weapon in the direction they had last seen her.

"Huh?", the one aiming the gun mumbled in confusion upon seeing no one on the street below. However, the sensation of eyes lingering on his back prompted him and his companion to turn around, greeted by the sight of the female and her feline friend.

Pouncing forward in a dog-like manner, she jumped at them, sidestepping the laser and clawing it out of his hand, evoking a pained scream. His friend, terrified, lurched backwards and out of her grasp as she grabbed ahold of the man, lifting him into the air with one arm before slamming him back down with brute force, her hand remaining on his neck for a moment.

Meanwhile, the slightly buff woman from before used some form of a gun to shoot nets at civilians, trapping them in a purple contraption and rendering them helpless. Well, while this worked for some, it did not work for all, especially not on the colossal creature one man rode, which mildly resembled a grey mammoth. But this did not deter her; instead, she rose her hands and grabbed its hooves, firmly planting herself into the ground and groaning as she fought with all her strength.