Chapter 9: New Chapter, New Challenge

CHAPTER 9: New Chapter, New Challenge

[3 days before the wedding]

Kai picked-up Yukari at the mall then they went at the cemetery. Yukari had no idea that they are visiting there. They both went at Mrs. Yuni Hiiragi'g grave (Kai's mother). Yukari noticed that there are new and fresh flowers on the tombstone. Then she put the flowers at the tombstone and Kai lit the candles and put it at the side. Yukari kneels down and prayed then Kai does the same. Kai kneeled down and bow his head. After that, Yukari noticed that Kai was holding the tombstone and staring at it for a while. In that moment, she saw the loneliness in his eyes. She never expects to see this side of him. Then they both look at each other. Yukari smiled at him and hold his hand then he smiled a little. Both of them stands up.

"We'll be going now, Mrs. Hiiragi." She said

Then they both walked away

"What did you tell to her?" Kai asked

"Huh? Well— first, I formally introduce myself of course."

"You don't need to do that, I already told that to her before."

Yukari crossed her arms "But still, I want to introduce myself to her personally."

"Okay, okay. Then?"

"I also asked her if she would accept me as her daughter-in-law."

Kai chuckled

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing. Continue."

"I also do apologize because of our situation right now."

Kai looked away "I know she understands what I'm doing. You don't need to apologize. I drag you to this mess, I should be the one who's apologizing you know."

Yukari noticed that he was starting to feel gloomy.

"What are you talking about?! I'm apologizing because I'm going to marry an arrogant, selfish, self-absorbed, self-proclaimed handsome and a pushy guy like you!"

Kai came back to his senses

"What?"

"I feel sorry for your mom~"

Kai smiled "Me? Self-proclaimed handsome? It's already inborn you know. I'm just proclaiming the obvious part, and what's wrong with that?"

"My mom raised me very well. You should be thanking her." He added

Yukari laughed because he came back to his old self

"Oh, by the way. I noticed that there were fresh flowers being laid there. Did Mr. Hiiragi came to visit also?"

"No."

Yukari wondered

"Father never visits her grave. I think Natume did."

"How about your brother Akira?"

Kai looked at her "He didn't even showed up on her burial. So that's really impossible."

[Night before the wedding]

Yukari stayed at the hotel with her brothers but in a different rooms. She was looking at the stars through the glass window.

"Am I really sure about this?"

"Do I really need to go through this?"

These are the questions that was bothering her that night