Chapter 16

Hey guys long time no update. So um... I've decided to put this fanfic on hold. I'm not discontinuing for now since I actually have ideas and such for writing. It's just that I have the lack of motivation to. School is kicking my ass and Small Minds is the fanfic I work on in my free time— not this one. So. To compensate the fact that I'm putting this fanfic on hold, I'm going to release all the chapters I have written so far.

Bon appétit. 
~~~
~~~Third Person's P.O.V.~~~

    The rip of paper being carelessly destroyed in an excited fit. The ecstatic smile flashing brightly like it never had before. E/C eyes that crinkled so much from happiness that it was a wonder how she could see. The gasps, laughter, and hugs when a present was opened. It was all enough for Tony to forget about what he had been worrying about earlier. Now, he was currently carefully hiding his anxiety as Y/N grabbed his present.

    It was by far the smallest. A watch wasn't as big as the cloudy landscape puzzle Happy had gotten her to do together. A watch wasn't as big as the Star Wars coloring book, colored pencils, crayons, and sketchbook that Pepper had gotten her. A watch wasn't as big as the two things Rhodey had gotten her. But, deep in his mind, Tony knew she would love it just the same.

    She wouldn't cast it out with disgust, convinced that he liked her less than Pepper or the others.

    ...Right?

    Of course she won't! He thought furiously at himself, revolted that a small part of his brain thought she would.

    Though he knew she would like it, a part of himself was still anxious that she wouldn't like it as much as her other gifts.

    Y/N peered curiously at the small bag, reaching into it without looking so as to be surprised. And, she certainly did look surprised when she took it out.

    Her eyes sought out his, puzzled, no doubt searching for an explanation.

    "It's not just a watch," the genuis quickly explained, trying to squish down the nervousness he felt. "I made it so that it has pretty much everything."

    He leaned forward, pointing at the extra buttons and gizmos a normal watch wouldn't have.

    "That big, red arrow always points north. This button turns it into a gauntlet like the ones on my suit," he described, "This button takes out earpieces that don't need wires, I call them 'airpods'."

    He turned to her, giving her a nervous smile before swiftly going back to explaining, "They both play music and allow your AI to talk to you."

    Her head perked up as she asked, "My AI?"

    Taking a deep breath, he responded, "I was thinking that we could maybe make yourself an AI... together?"

    When she didn't say anything he rambled on, "I mean, you get to name them and personalize them your own way, I would just be teaching you how."

    She still didn't say anything.

    Shit I knew she wouldn't like it! The billionaire thought, terrified. She probably thinks that I don't care about her! What if she thinks–

    Y/N suddenly brought up her head to show Tony her dazzling grin.

    "Wow!" she shouted, eyes twinkling with excitement. "I get to have my own AI?! And I get to learn how? That's awesome!"

    The girl suddenly turned to the watch she was still holding. "What other things can this watch do?"

    Tony sighed mentally in relief, grinning himself and reaching over to press a button that changed the watch's color to grey.