Chapter 1

Welcome everyone! I hope everyone is as excited as I am for this! Anyways, I won't keep you, so without further ado, here's the new No More Hiding—

Abbreviation Note: F/A = Favorite Animal
~~~

~~~Tony's P.O.V.~~~

I stepped out into the dark, deserted alleyway, my glowing blue eyes creating a dim light in the tight place. The mechanical ticks and buzzes sounded through the quiet night air as my heavy footsteps pounded on the stone floor. Suddenly, I stopped; illuminating eyes unmoving and emotionless, staring at a far-off white building, barely able to see the huge silver letters of Hammer Industries.

"There it is," my deep, distorted voice called out in the chill, lonely night. "What next Pirate?"

There was a scoff from the receiving end of the call that I was on. "Lie low for a few days. You're ahead of everyone."

My red and gold hand moved, making a "wait" gesture as I continued talking, "Wait a minute; this was your whole operation!"

"I kno–"

"You specifically pushed me to leave at that exact time because you didn't want me to be late!"

"And you're not!" Nick Fury suddenly yelled, cutting in so that I wouldn't interrupt him again.

It was my turn to scoff, and I rolled my eyes at the person that couldn't see me. "I'll have you know that I only arrive fashionably late. And besides, the party doesn't start until I get there."

"And I'll have you know that this party would have started with or without you here. You don't want to join the Avengers Initiative, so the only reason I allowed you to come is that you begged for me to allow you on this mission to, and I quote, 'see his face when I'm the one to catch him'."

I stayed silent for a moment, but then waved my hand in the air nonchalantly and responded, "I wouldn't say begged."

Nick sighed heavily and ordered, "Just wait for the signal."

"Got it Eyepatch."

He sighed again and hung up. I was about to take off to some high-class hotel when a sudden sound made me whip around, hand posed and ready to strike with a reactor beam.

A H/C haired, bright E/C-eyed girl quickly brought up a large, dirty stuffed F/A before her face, shaking in terror.

"Please don't hurt me!" She squeaked, voice trembling and hands shaking terribly.

I let out a breath of relief and lowered my glowing, charged palm quickly. "Sorry kid. Didn't mean to scare you."

She left the stuffed animal in front of her face, still not fully trusting of me in my gold and red suit. But gradually, her S/C face began peeking out from it, curiosity getting the better of her fear.

"Where'd you come from? Are you lost, kid?"

"No." The girl moved a hand and pointed up at the side of some building to my right that I just noticed had a window. "That's my room and window. You were very loud, Metal Man."

My head tilted, looking up at that very dirty and open window. "Ah. Sorry about that."

"Why are you here?" Her eyes started sparkling with excitement as she quietly asked, "Is there a problem in the Metal Man World?"

"Uh–"

"Can you come to school with me in the morning, Metal Man? I've been trying to convince everyone that the Metal Man World does exist, but they don't believe me!" Her voice got quieter and her eyes dimmed as she added, "They all make fun of me."

Then her voice brightened and her eyes sparkled again as she continued, "But if you come they have to believe me! And they'll stop picking on me! Maybe I'll make some friends too!"

"Sorry kid, but I'm not a Metal Man." I wasn't really great with children, and this one wasn't an exception.

"What? But you're metal!" She stated, confused.

"Junior, I'm Ironman."

Instead of showing any amazement, shock, or even excitement like I thought she would, the girl just looked even more confused.

"That's still metal," She responded, sounding more puzzled. "Fe, atomic number 26, in the group of metals, atomic weight about 55.845; Iron."

Well, there goes the idea that she doesn't know who I am because she's dumb. No, this girl was obviously smart for her age– how old was she anyways?

"How old are you?"

She held up her hands, showing and saying, "Six."

Yep, definitely smart for her age.

"Listen, do you know anyone named Tony Stark?"

She nodded, saying, "He was mentioned in Kindergarten. Someone was talking about how he helped with a lot of wars because of his weapons."

         I winced. That certainly wasn't how I wanted to be remembered. Especially not for young children like Kindergarteners.

"Anything else mentioned about him?" I pressed, now very curious since that she knew who he was but not Ironman.

She nodded her head enthusiastically and said cheerfully, "Because of that I decided to research at the school library."

If she's read about me, how does she not know who Iron Man is? I asked myself, but then immediately thought, Well I only became Iron Man recently, I doubt they would have updated the history books that fast.

"And the things he's done are fascinating!" she continued, eyes sparkling.

Unbeknownst to her, I smirked from behind my mask. At least, that was until her next words.

"He's the person I look up to!" She added as an afterthought, "Him and Bruce Banner."

I stiffened at her words. Why would I be one that someone looks up to? Ironman, I understand, but Tony Stark is different. He's just an emotionally broken husk of a man that has never tried his best to be kind or respected, let alone looked up to.

        But then a sudden voice echoed through my head: "Don't waste it. Don't waste your life, Stark."

I suddenly eyed the energetic, H/C-haired girl. Maybe I could start with her. Become someone she can actually look up to. Be the one that deserves her admiration. Even though I'm not sure I can become that person, I can at least try.

I suddenly curled my hands into fists, feeling determination flood through me. I'm going to be staying here for a few days, so might as well.

I leaned down on my knee, placed a hand on it, and looked into her E/C eyes, now eye-level with her.

"Where's your school?"

~~~

Decided to post this as a little birthday gift from me to you— since it's my birthday (yes I got it backwards I don't care). Also, reminder, I will delete the other No More Hiding tomorrow.

Also, no, I don't know when I'll post the next chapter :/

— Cozi Stark 🌝