Chapter 11

As a special treat for my brain having ideas, y'all get 2 chapters at the same time.

Abbreviation Note: M/N = Middle Name
~~~
~~~Rhodey's P.O.V.~~~

To be honest, I thought Happy and Pepper were joking, pulling my leg, or tricking me. Still, I decided to go along, chuckle at them when they weren't listening, and promise I'll come by to stop at Tones' house in a few days. Finally, with some time off, I was able to make it to his house, and it was then that I realized that they hadn't been playing with me.

    I always wondered why Tony himself didn't just call me. I mean, Pepper and Happy told him that they had told me. So, why didn't he decide to call me?

    It was obvious to me now, staring at the two sleeping on the couch, the TV on and showing the news, that Tony had been too busy.

    "What the fuck is going on?"

    Tony opened his eyes, blinking at me in surprise.

    "Don't cuss in front of Y/N," he murmured, stifling a yawn, and rubbing the girl's shoulder to wake her.

    I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow, replying and gesturing to the now awake Y/N, "She had been sleeping; she couldn't hear me."

    The infuriating genius just rolled his eyes, making me want to throw up my arms in exasperation. And now there are two of them! God, how am I supposed to live?

    "Y/N this is your Uncle Rhodey. Rhodey, this is your niece Y/N M/N Stark."

    "Hello There," I greeted, flashing her a friendly smile. She sat up, leaning against Tony's arm.

    She stared at me for a few seconds, then replied, "Hi Uncle Rhodey."

    I blinked at her, disbelief written across my face. Tony groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose.

    "Have you never seen Star Wars?" I asked, shocked.

    I should really have expected that from what Pepper and Happy told me, but, still, that's awful!

    Y/N shrugged, staring down at her stuffed F/A shyly, and answered, "I heard people talking about it at my school. I've never seen it before, though."

    "Well, I promise to change that. Tony, you still own all of them, right?"

    He sighed, standing up and walking towards the TV. From there he crouched down and dragged a box out from within a drawer near the television.

    "Of course I do," he responded, walking back and shoving the box into my hands. "But you know how I feel about the space battles."

I waved him off, putting a disc into the TV. "Yeah, yeah, something about them not being realistic."

    He frowned at me, arguing, "There shouldn't be those big explosions in space! Or noise!"

    I turned to him, grinning, and said, "Where's the fun in that, though? Besides, you still like them."

    Tony rolled his eyes again but smiled back at me and nodded. The billionaire sat back next to Y/N, who was staring at the screen, eyes wide, and I sat down near her, but not too close.

    As the disc started playing the advertisements, Tony turned to me and questioned, "So which one did you put in?"

    "The Phantom Menace."

    He crossed his arms. "Oh come on! The prequels suck–" He glanced at Y/N very quickly and rapidly corrected, "—stink! It's nothing but dull, cringy romance!"

    "I thought you of all people would like romance."

    "Not when it's embarrassing one-liners. 'I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.' What kind of flirting is that?!"

    I chuckled, and replied, "Well, it has some memorable, funny one-liners. You know, like 'Hello There'."

    He shrugged, responding, "Yeah, Obi-Wan does have some good lines, but I'm just saying, the writing isn't that good."

    "Yeah, well it's the first in the series. Therefore, we gotta watch it first since it's Y/N's first time watching them."

    "Alright, fine."

    We turned back to the screen just in time to see the main menu. I quickly pressed play and leaned back to enjoy the movie.

    "So how did you like it?" I asked, tilting my head at the girl.

    She turned her shining eyes at me, a huge grin across her face.

    "It was amazing!" Her eyes dimmed for a second, as she said, "But I was sad Qui-Gon died, he was my favorite character."

       Then she brightened back up immediately and exclaimed again, "But it was amazing!"

    I smirked at Tony; he just snorted and rolled his eyes at me.

     "You wanna watch the next one?" I asked her. She nodded enthusiastically, and so I got up and put in the next disc.

    "Wait, hold on," Tony said as I sat down. "If we're going to do a Star Wars marathon we have to have some popcorn. I think I have those microwaveable bags in one of my cabinets somewhere."

    We stared at each other.

    "Tones, I just sat down."

    "Rhodey, I've been sitting down."

    We blinked at each other.

    Tony groaned in defeat, flinging his arms up in the air, and snarling, "Fine!"

    Once he made the popcorn, he went back and handed Y/N and me ours. I pushed play on the remote and opened my bag, popping a few kernels into my mouth.

    I turned at what I saw at the corner of my eye, and asked, "What's up Y/N?"

    She frowned at her still-closed bag. "How do you open this?"

    I grabbed, showing her by pulling at the corners. "Never had this type of popcorn before?"

    She smiled and thanked me before answering, "I've never had popcorn before."

    "Oh." I frowned, then promised, "Well, I'll make sure that whenever we watch a movie, you'll have popcorn whenever you want."

    She tilted her head up at me, grinning widely. "Thank you Uncle Rhodey."

    I couldn't help smiling back. "Of course, Y/N."

~~~

Just some fluff with your Uncle

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! :)

— Cozi Stark