eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

BIRTHDAYS AND DISAPPOINTMENTS

TURNING 17 WAS a reminder that you were on the brink of being an adult.

And for Lily, that meant that this was her last summer as a kid.

This time next year, she'll be moved into her college dorm and starting classes.

Lily planned on applying for early admission in November so she could get a head start and finish her basics sooner before she applied for law school.

So, Lily was going to make the most out of this summer.

Starting with making the most out of her birthday.

Lily woke up to the sound of her phone ringing causing the girl to groan before grabbing it and answering it without glancing at the contact name.

"Hello?" Lily muttered as she let out a tired yawn.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!" Gwen exclaimed causing Lily to move her phone away from her ear as her best friend yelled.

"Jesus, Gwen." Lily hissed as she placed her phone against her ear once again.

"Ooo, I did not miss grumpy Lily in the morning." Gwen remarked as Sophie laughed in the background.

"Happy Birthday, babe!" Sophie smiled as she leaned closer towards Gwen's phone.

"Thank you, guys." Lily smiled as she rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"We have a whole day planned! So be ready for a day filled of fun!" Gwen smiled excitedly.

"I can't wait!" Lily laughed before sighing.

"I forgot I had the deb lessons today, so Caleb will be picking you guys up." Lily stated as she remembered she had lessons.

"No problem! Gives us more time to better plan the day ahead." Sophie reassured her friend.

"I should get up before Paige goes ballistic on me for being late." Lily remarked as she began to climb out of bed.

"Okay, have fun and we can't wait to see you!" Gwen and Sophie exclaimed as a smile made its way to Lily's face.

"Me too! Bye guys. Be safe." Lily smiled before the call ended.

With that, Lily tossed her phone onto her bed before leaving her room and entering the bathroom.

As she shut the door behind her, she began to do her morning routine, humming softly to herself as she did so.

It was awfully quite in the house but Lily shook it off, thinking everyone was still asleep or downstairs.

Once she was done, Lily left the bathroom and re-entered her room to get ready for the waltzing lessons that morning.

She slipped on a navy blue dress and black heels before applying a little bit of makeup.