Thirty two

The air and space museum was loud and chaotic. Both men hated that, finding it easily overwhelming. It was loud and busy in a way they were simply not used too. A far cry from the type of chaos from the museum in New York. 

Men in pilot uniforms paraded around, tiny model jets shot overhead, large engines fired while crew at controls yelled orders. It was so busy that two men in messy shirts and trousers could easily pass unseen and unheard through the chaos. The second floor was high enough for them to see below while still remain mostly unseen by the occupants on the ground. That meant that they saw from their little secluded bench up on the second floor as Larry and Amelia came jogging round the corner, presumably from one of the building's side entrances. Their two figures, Amelia bright with her red hair and Larry sticking out in his night guard uniform, weaving through the crowds. 

Damian felt Ahk nudge him and turned to look at what he was gesturing at. He watched as Larry seemed to be scanning the room. Then the man lifted his gaze and saw them. The blonde waved. Larry shouted something at Amelia as around them, the airplanes all began to prepare for liftoff at once. Anything he may have said going unheard. 

"This is mission control. Flight check green. We are cleared for launch". A voice announced over the PA. Immediately engines began firing. Damian and Ask watched with their hands covering their ears as more little plane models began to lift off. The full size planes beginning to power up. 

"We are all systems go all go for launch". Two spitfire models swooped overhead caught in a dogfight. Damien flinched back form them, chest still sharp from the World War Two room. Ahkmenrah pulled him into a duck as the planes dive bombed overhead. Damien pressing his head to his chest as they both continued to cover their ears. 

"This is why pilots are all dramatic bastards", he yelled at the pharaoh. Ahk read the words on his lips and gave him a blank look of draining patience. It made Damien grin and the pharaoh lighted. 

"No we do not have commit. I repeat we are decommissioning the launch. This is a negatory, no go. We are in a no fly, no go phase", Larry's voice echoed over the system. The engines all began powering down and the noise level dropped significantly. "That is a November no gorgon phase of no flying. And we're going to say good night. Thank you for all you hard work". 

"Larry!" Damien called as the man stepped away from the command centre. Around them pilots were grumbling in disappointment and the model planes had all swooped into landing. The night guard looked up and beamed in relief upon spotting them. He shouted towards Amelia and they both began jogging up the stairs. Damien debated about going to meet them, but he couldn't be asked right that moment. 

"There you are!" Larry exclaimed upon getting close enough. "I've been looking for you two for ages". 

"We ran into a bit of trouble avoiding Khamenrah's men", Damien offered. "And Ahk hurt his arm". 

Ahk waved the hand of the injured arm in question. "It will be fine by morning, rest assured". 

"Right well, we have a problem". Larry pulled the familiar and rather troublesome golden tablet out from his arm and handed it over to Damien. "Khamenrah's got Jed. And if we don't bring either the password to this back, or you Ahk. Jed is going to die". 

"I thought we were going to ask the Einsteins for the password", Amelia voiced in confusion. 

"This is Ahk's tablet", Damien explained. "He's a pharaoh and it's his tablet that brings us to life every night. He is normally dressed finer than this. He's just borrowing my clothes". 

"That explains the hoity toity  greeting from earlier. Why you look mighty young to be a pharaoh. Is he the pharaoh you discovered Dr Jean?"

"I am", Ahk replied absentmindedly as he glanced down at the tablet in the blonde's hands. "You expect me to walk into a trap?" His gaze was colder as he returned his eyes to Larry. "My brother wants to raise an army the undead to conquer the world, Guardian or Brooklyn. And you expect me to give you the password to my tablet and also return to his capture with you? I would be putting my beloved in danger".