Seventeen

The museum was bright and alive that night

The museum was bright and alive that night. Larry looked down from the second floor to the floor of the entrance hall below with a a satisfied grin. The whole museum was alive and partying together. Music echoing around the halls as lights shone. In the corner where Teddy was normally shown, there was a net hanging off the wall. Columbus and the huns were playing soccer together. Larry watched with amusement as they all shouted goal. Attila picking Columbus up as they celebrated, spinning the man round and cheering.

The other exhibits were all mingling and dancing together. The miniatures all on the reception desk with Dexter. Little forms mingling as they danced. The civil war soldiers had all partnered up and were doing some sort of breakdance. Speaking of partners, Teddy was riding between the dancing exhibits on Tex. Sacajawea perched behind him, smiling at her friends. The two of them waving and laughing as they rode round the hall.

Larry turned his gaze down to the bottom of the stairs where the speakers had been placed. Another couple were dancing there, both of them wearing wide grins of enjoyment as they moved. Damien had taken off his jacket and trying to teach Ahkmanrah a few dance moves that Larry recognised as swing dance. Ahkmanrah was watching the other with confused look. He attempted to copy the smooth gliding that Damien was doing and tripped over his cloak. Larry snorted as Damien caught the Pharaoh's arms before he could fall, the blonde cracking up with laughter. Larry chuckled at the two of them, making the mental note to download some electric swing song for Damien later. The archeologist seemed pretty good.

There was a roar as a small car sped between people's legs. Inside the new toy, Jed and Octavius saluted up at him. The rib bone bounding around behind them. Rexy came padding round the corner behind it. Nicky perched happily on his back. "Hey Nick!" Larry called to his son. "It's getting late, you ready to go home?"

Nicky grinned up at him cheekily. "No!" He shouted back as Rexy began walking again. Larry chuckled again. He supposed that Nicky could miss bedtime tonight. It was not like it was a school night.

——

"How are you moving your legs like that?" Ahkmanrah called through his laughter. "It must be sorcery".

Damien let out happy whoop as he moved. He raised his arms as he danced, purely enjoying the moment. His boots sliding on the polished marble floor with ease. The surface perfect for dancing. He held out a hand to Ahkmanrah and the other man took it. He slowed to a simpler dance, one that they could both do. For a minute they both danced together. Hands clutched together as their moves got increasingly sloppy. Until they were both holding the other upright and laughing breathlessly.

"I haven't danced like this since before the war", Damien snorted.

"This is all very different from the dancing I'm used to", Ahkmanrah grinned. "It's amazing". He stood upright, letting Damien lean on his shoulder. The blonde's legs suddenly feeling tired.