1. Gonna Be Great

In the aftermath of the infamous punch, Seth visits Becky at the hospital.

Dialogue prompt: "Still think I'm cute?"

"Still think I'm cute?"

Seth looked down at Becky on her hospital bed, sipping at a cup of water Bayley was holding for her. It had taken her four tries to get the straw in her mouth, and even then Sasha had done most of the work for her. Someone had cleaned off her face, but Becky still had some blood stains on her arms and hand.

"That's new," Natalya reported as she entered the room with another cup of water. "Mostly she's been saying It's gonna be great over and over." She shook her head and smiled ruefully. "Even now, she's still thinking about her match with Ronda."

"Have they done any scans or anything yet?" Seth asked. He hadn't been able to go to the hospital with Becky right away. Since Sasha, Bayley, and Natalya had, though, he knew she was in good hands.

Natalya shook her head. "Someone was in the machine," she said, "but Becky's next in line. That was... about ten minutes ago? So it shouldn't be long now." She crossed her fingers.

"Becks?" Sasha gave Becky's shoulder a gentle nudge. "Keep those beautiful eyes open, okay? The doctor's going to be back right away."

Becky's blink was ludicrously long, but she managed to open her eyes again. "It's gonna be great."

Bayley sighed. "And now we're back to that."

The blood smears on Becky's hand kept drawing Seth's attention, so he grabbed the damp towel that was at the foot of the bed. "Of course it's going to be great, Becks," he said, gently lifting her bloodied hand and scrubbing at it.

Becky looked up at him and the haze in her eyes was alarming, like a camera lens going in and out of focus. Then there was a moment of absolute clarity in her gaze. "Still think I'm cute?" she repeated.

Seth chuckled, feeling the weight of Bayley and Sasha's gazes on him. "The bloodied look is more Dean's thing than mine," he replied, "but you're adorable. You know that."

Gesturing vaguely in Sasha's direction, Becky smiled. "Hear that? I'm adorababble. Adorabibble?"

"First one was pretty accurate, actually." Bayley reached over and gently brought Becky's arm back to the bed. "Try not to move too much, Becks. We're not sure what's going on yet." Standing up, she motioned to the door. "Seth and I will go ask the nurses how much longer it's going to be. Anyone else want a coffee? Not you, Becky." Bayley didn't even spare a breath before she added that, tugging on Seth's arm. "Come on. I'm not sure when the food court closes."

Seth wanted to protest, saying he had just got there, but he got up anyway, following Bayley out into the hall. "I thought Natalya said it was going to be ten minutes...."

"You're adorable," Bayley echoed, raising an eyebrow. "Seriously? Becky probably has a concussion and this is when you choose to take your shot?"

"What?" Seth sputtered. His face felt like it was on fire and he nearly walked into a corner when they made a turn. "What are you talking about?"

Bayley clutched her hands to her chest and fluttered her eyelashes. "The bloodied look is more Dean's thing than mine, but you're adorable. You know that. What WAS that? I mean, who tries to flirt by mentioning blood and one of their best friends?"

"I wasn't." Seth pressed his hands to his eyes. "I was... I was playing along. Becky was rambling so rather than correct her and get her upset, I...."