CHAPTER ONE

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER ONE
MAEVE'S WORST NIGHTMARE

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER ONEMAEVE'S WORST NIGHTMARE

________________

________________

"MORNING, GRANDMA!" MAEVE enthusiastically called as she hurriedly picked up an apple from the fruit bowl in the centre of the kitchen table.

Marjorie stuck her head out from around the corner at the voice, body following right after the movement as she shot a small smile towards her granddaughter, hands on her hips. "Good morning, sweetie. What's got you in such a rush?"

Maeve huffed a small chuckle as she picked up her backpack from its position lying right outside her bedroom door, loosely slinging it over one of her shoulders. "I can't be late for school, that's all."

"Ah, right, that should've been my first guess." Marjorie huffed a light chuckle at her granddaughter's rushed actions, eyes following Maeve as she watched her granddaughter practically sprint to the front door.

"Come past the diner after school for free coffee and fries, Margie!" Maeve called out, using the affectionate nickname that she bestowed upon her beloved grandmother from childhood—which seemed to have quickly spread across town as soon as it formed, thanks to Miss Patty—, as she swung the door open and began to run outside.

It was a blessing that Maeve and Marjorie lived so close to the school and the diner; their house's convenient location truly saved Maeve from being late to both school and work way too many times for Maeve to count on one hand.

Marjorie laughed, this time a little louder, as she approached the door, remaining at the doorway as she amusedly and comfortably crossed her arms over her chest. "Still trying to negotiate a good deal for me with Mr Grumpy?"

Maeve turned on her heels to face her grandmother again as she continued walking backwards, shrugging and throwing her hands up in the air as she answered, a little out of breath from the haste of her own movements. "I really think I'm getting closer to convincing him every day."