Chapter 14- Storm in the Stream

I KNOW YOU ALL WANTED TO SEE STOEY MAKE UP, BUT SOMETIMES YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT, AND SOMETIME YOU DO.

READ ON TO FIND OUT IF YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.

~ ~ ~

Steve's POV

Zoey. Zoey Redbird.

I can't move.

"Zoey." I breathe, but she ignores me, dumping her bag and walking past me, towards Fury.

"You're an asshole." He points at him accusingly, "Faking your own death? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I was protecting people." Fury shoots back, "You included."

"Yeah right." She rolls her eyes, turning away from him.

"It's good to have you back, Agent Redbird." Fury says. We watch as Zoey turns immediately back around, seething.

"I am not an Agent." She says angrily, "I'll never associate with SHIELD again, or rather, should I say HYDRA?"

Fury scowls, but Zoey shakes her head, stepping back into the shadows.

"Ahem." Sam clears his throat, holding his hand out towards her. "I'm Sam Wilson, and I- uh- I'm fighting with your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend." Zoey corrects him, and even months on those words still hurt. "And you're saying that you got into this willingly?"

"That's right." Sam nodded.

"Then, you're an idiot." Zoey takes his hand and shakes it, "But it's good to meet you, Sam Wilson."

"You, too, Zoey Redbird." He says.

I watch as they let go of each other's hands, biting back the jealousy that involuntarily rises to the back of my throat.

"Zoey." Natasha speaks up.

"Hello, Nat." Zoey says politely, "Lovely to see you on this horrible occasion."

"You're the rage that Fury was talking about?" She asks.

"I guess so." Zoey nods, "I want revenge on the ones who hurt me."

"You'll get it." Fury nods, "HYDRA's going down."

"No, you don't understand." Zoey shakes her head at him, "I'm happy to take down HYDRA, but there's one thing that I want more than anything."

"And that is?" Fury asks.

"Pierce." She says simply.

"We need him alive for our plan to work, Redbird." Fury points out, "We'll make him pay for his crimes."

"No need." Zoey turns and walks away, calling over her shoulder. "I'll make him suffer for them instead."

She leaves the room, her footsteps growing quieter as she disappears.

"What the hell just happened?" Sam asks to the silent, stunned room.

"That's Zoey Redbird." Nat says, grinning slightly.

"What's she so interested in Pierce for?" Hill asks.

"I'm not sure." Fury tells her, "But she wasn't always that rude."

"She has every right to be." Hill points out to her boss in a scolding manner.

"Why?" I finally find my voice again, "What happened to her?"

Nobody speaks, Fury and Maria averting their gazes.

"I think she should be the one to tell you."