Chapter 2- What Happened?

WELCOME

I HOPE YOU'VE COME HERE VIA THE FIRST BOOK, IF NOT, PLEASE CLICK ON MY PROFILE AND READ CHILDHOOD HERO.

- - -

Steve's POV

"Director Fury!" I shout desperately, rushing into the headquaters building for SHIELD. "What's happened? Is Zoey okay?"

Fury walks over to me, his face calm and posture straight.

"Captain," He nods, "We've been informed by Agent Romanoff-"

"Is she okay?" I cut him off in desperation.

"I regret to inform you, that Agent Redbird was captured last night during a crucial part of her mission with the organisation ARROW." He tells me sadly.

"Is she dead?" I ask, my heart racing.

"Steve," Fury sighs, "We don't even know."

"How can you not know!?" I roar, attracting the attention of nearbye SHIELD agents.

"She was on the final part of her mission with Agent Romanoff last night." He tells me, "They were taking down the head of the ARROW organisation, but the plan was somehow revealed, and Agent Redbird didn't make it back to the safe house."

"So she could still be alive?" I ask hopefully.

"We don't know." He admits, "But we believe the man in charge of ARROW, known as 'The Archer', has taken her. She is most likely in another enemy base situated around Russia. ARROW have control over many leaders of the country."

"We have to go find her." I say firmly, "Where's Natasha?"

"She's waiting for us at the safe house." He tells me, "We're leaving today."

"Who's we?" I ask.

"You, Barton, Banner, and other SHIELD agents." He says, "Miss Potts has suspended Stark from using his Iron Man suits."

I nod, walking through the headquarters to the holding bay, where one of my suits is held.

I feel better just seeing my suit, but next to it is the familiar deep red suit; Zoey's.

I look away and put on my suit, rushing out to meet Fury.

Banner and Barton are waiting in the main room with Fury, who sends us off with half a dozen SHIELD agaents.

We loaded into an aircraft, taking off within a minute.

"It will take us an hour or so to reach our destination, folks." The agent flying the plane tod us, "But we are on our way, time to recover Agent Redbird."

I sit down and place my shield beside me, my head hanging between my knees.

- - -

Clint's POV

I nudge Steve's shoulder as we land in the Russian mountains, the scenery white, and cold.

"Here." An agent hands out black jackets to everyone, all of us zipping them up over our suits.

We all get given earpieces, before the group treks off through the snow.

"Well, this is cold." Bruce says from behind us.

"Just keep moving." One of the agents say, "We'll be at the safe house by nightfall, then we can set up base and debrief you all."

Steve nods firmly, trekking through the knee deep snow with determination.

I guess because, to him, everything is on the line.

We make it across the mountains, pushing through the freezing snow and icy wind.