CHAPTER 7

-ADJALA-

-| THE EXPLOSION had caught the whole team off gaurd. The sinister laugh of their attackers echoed through the rows of crates in the harbour.

Amidst the chaos, she has lost Inej. Gunfire sounded all around her as the fog cleared and the smoke still lay think. Adjala pulled up her mask and immediately got into action.

The thing she could understand was that amidst the chaos, why has she called for him of all people.

"Well, well, well," a voice trailed off behind her. "If it isn't the legendary Lemurê. Not so scary when ambushed are you?"

Adjala spun on her heel to face the figure, daggers drawn out and ready for battle.

Adjala's heart pounded in her chest as her eyes scanning the shadows for the approaching threat.

"So scared to come out and show yourself? You coward!" Adjala sneered.

"Isn't that what you always do, you little demon." Geels from the black tips stepped out of the shadows. "How does it feel to have a taste of your own medicine."

"Lovely." Adjala replied sarcastically. "It shows me how much better I am than you, and how my ego falls flat when compared to yours."

Geels' face contorted in anger. "Get that bitch!" He commanded.

A row of men in black marched up from the shadows, weapons drawn out, eyes gleaming dangerously.

With a flick of her wrist, Adjala lowered their heartbeats and they all fell to the ground.

Geels roared in anger and Adjala retreated into the shadows.

The Black Tips. The cogs in Adjala's brain turned as she lept with light footing from crate to crate. Was this retribution for Kaz's showdown with Geels, or Adjala's murder spree at their territory earlier that week? Or was there something more?

She saw a man sneak up behind her brother, who was busy fighting off another pair of people, whom she hadn't recognised.

She jumped up behind the attacker and with a lethal stab, he fell to the ground. Adjala's eyes fell on his tattoo, five birds flying north in a triangular shape. Razorgulls.